“Tidewater is perfect for families with kids of all ages”

Tidewater Beach Resort
St. Louis
“Tidewater is perfect for families with kids of all ages”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was very pleased with our stay. Everyone was very helpful and made our stay perfect. The only thing I can even suggest is a better equipped kitchen..but who wants to cook anyway? The pool parties for kids were great. My only suggestion there would be to divide into 3 agegroups in games. My 15 yr old won the limbo contest for the adults! Perfect location beautiful beach just an awesome time. I would also suggest the Sea Screamer!

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank kjparty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
McEwen, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We have enjoyed our stay @ the Tidewater. We were in unit 1209 which had an awesome view, tastefully decorated and clean (except shower curtain which were mildewed but I put them in the washing machine with some bleach and it was all cleaned up also there was sand in/on the bunk beds but I called and the housekeep came and cleaned it up very quickly). We loved the ocean... EXCEPT THE SEAWEED!! Not sure why it was here but the people that came with us were here in October 2010 and it was still there then. We enjoyed the shops, restaurants (except Bishops Family Restaurant... very PRICEY). Would love to come agin someday. Thanks to Tidwater for having everythng you need just like you were at home. We were here celebrating graduation of the Class of 2011!

Room Tip: The room that we had 1209 had a FANTASTIC VIEW!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
14 Thank TNTRAVLER1966
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Where to start? The food and cans hurled off the balcony every night?
The drunk teenagers running through the halls at all hours? The giant obscene pictures and racial epithets drawn in the sand each night for our enjoyment in the morning? ( today it was "white power" and a swastika) very classy...

The security admitted to my husband that they are overwhelmed and have no idea where parents are when they deal with the nightly issues. Our rental stipulated no one under 25 may rent and that the after ten pm quiet time would be enforced. Not true.

There is now a photo in the lobby of some sideways hat wearing idiot who was photographed destroying one of the security cameras and security would like to fund him.

Such a shame because the condo is beautiful and clean ( not so the stairwells you end up taking after waiting forever for the elevators) the location is great you can walk to all you need.

This condo would do itself a favor by beefing up security and really enforcing the rules about evicting people breaking the rules about smoking, throwing things ,and age restrictions.

• Stayed April 2011
11 Thank Alicia67

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed March 22, 2011

NO one at the front desk when you need them ....hidden fees I mean really if you gonna charge a cleaning fee just add it in the price it makes life a lot easier...plus you charge my credit card after we told you we would pay with cash ...torn up sofa bed got fixed the NEXT night after sleeping on air mattress I just happened to bring because like I said no one at the front desk when you need them ...not horrible ..,good view besides CONSTRUCTION

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank DMart06726
ubah1, Manager at Tidewater Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
First, let me offer my apology for your less than wonderful time at Tidewater. We strive to insure that our guest's have a great and relaxing time; however it's obvious from your comments that this was not your experience. You mentioned the "hidden" cleaning fee. This is typically something that guests see when they use a service like Book-It, Expedia or Hotels.com to book their vacations. There is usually a section on their website or your confirmation that explains this charge. Also, these services do not allow guests to pay cash on arrival; they will charge your credit card at the time of booking. I will address your sofa bed issues with our Housekeeping Supervisor. This item should have been identified and remedied prior to your arrival. Also, while the Front Desk may close in the evening and overnight, there is always someone available to assist guests at our After Hours phone center. If the situation requires an immediate response, there is on-call management available to respond to the need. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that if your travels bring you back to our beautiful beaches, that you will allow us to prove that your experiences where the exception and not the rule.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 10, 2011

we've stayed here from 12/2010 until departure this Saturday -- people need to know that the building has a very bad problem with the outside of the building -- they are trying to repair it BUT it is noisy and messy. Scaffolding all over the building, tarps covering balconies, blue plastic over bay windows obstructing your view -- and debris falling on your balcony, chairs and table. We have been awakened on many occasions because of workers jackhammering and hammering on the wall right outside of our unit. This begins at 8:00 a.m. so if you want to sleep in you can forget about it. We talked to the onsite management company about the noise and mess and were informed they have no control over the construction and that quiet time ends at 8:00 a.m. This has been going on for months and looks like it will be many more months before they complete their work. Apparently, there has been a lawsuit filed and these repairs must be made but this is not a place you want to spend a lot of money for and not be able to relax and enjoy your view. I will try to upload some pictures of this for you. Also, one of the two outdoor pools and hot tubs are closed during the day while the work is going on so that will make the other pool very crowded once it warms up.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank uscruisers
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Tidewater Beach Resort. We love to hear from our Winter Guests! Along with my thanks, I also want to extend my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the ongoing renovations.
The work was necessary to insure that our guests and owners continued to have a wonderful place to enjoy our beaches. The original plan called for the work to be completed by the end of Jan. 2011. However that forecast had to be extended due to frequent lost work days caused by inclement weather and high winds. The earlier start time (8am) was allowed in hopes of regaining some of this lost time. The renovations are now slated to be complete by the middle of May (if not sooner).
I know that you experienced a less than relaxing stay this year. I hope that you will come back next year and enjoy the wonderful activities, our upgraded facility; all while relaxing on our great beach. We look forward to see you then!!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Such a great place, everything was so clean and well taken care of. Friendly staff and beautiful 1600 sq foot two bedroom condo - plenty of room for everyone, hugh room sizes and great kitchen. 2 year and will keep coming back

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank TuckerScarlett
Kentucky
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Stayed at Tidewater Dec 26th to Jan 2, to end and start the new year near the ocean...and I was VERY pleased. Tidewater is within walking distance (I am in my mid 60's) to the Pier and Pier Park...which I walked nearly everyday...it was wonderful. There were no crowds: the indoor pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room were never crowded...at most only a couple people. The beach/ocean is right out the door, and from my understanding, all rooms have gulf views, and balconies...mine was very large, and when they set off the fireworks on the 31st...watching them from the bacony was awesome. Seems like there is a lot of elevators..so can not reply to summer comments about them. I really liked my stay there....only downside, there was some maintenance going on, which was quite noisey...I just went fishing, learned a lot about Bonita fishing on the pier. Great place.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple