“Capt. Anderson's A+”

Capt. Anderson's Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Capt. Anderson's restaurant is one of those rare "family" restaurants that not only survives, but strengthens and improves through the years. The landmark waterfront restaurant is celebrating its 46th anniversary in 2013, and every year has witnessed remarkable growth without loss of quality. The restaurant has grown to 725 seats and, six nights a week, serves over 250,000 guests during its 8 month season. Founders, Jimmy and Johnny Patronis set high standards of hard work and consistency for the younger Patronis generations, and they still pull their shifts at the busy restaurant, stopping by to welcome old friends and loyal customers... occasionally bussing a table or taking a special order. Their passion for the business is undoubtedly the root of Capt. Anderson's success.Named among America's Top 50 restaurants, recipient of the "Best Seafood Restaurant" award from Southern Living and Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," Capt. Anderson's won Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award for 15 years before being inducted into the Restaurant Hall of Fame in 2005. The Hall of Fame is the highest honor Florida Trend can bestow upon a Florida restaurant.Year 'round, the Patronis family works with fishermen, oystermen and others who make their living harvesting the Gulf and Bay waters, to preserve the natural oyster beds of Apalachicola Bay... to build artificial reefs... and protect the fragile coastal ecology. Preserving and replenishing the rich natural bounty of the Gulf Coast is part of the Capt. Anderson’s legacy, one of the most important reasons this landmark restaurant is known for serving more fresh local seafood than any other restaurant in Florida.
Madison, MS
“Capt. Anderson's A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

It had been a few years since we had eaten at Capt. Anderson's. I didn't remember too much about the visit from our last time but this time it was excellent. During peak dinner hours, our wait was short. The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. But we don't go to restaurants much for that reason now do we? The food was outstanding as well! We have an array of choices at the table and not one complaint. The bill was high but we knew that going in. Capt. Anderson's is a must do when in Panama City Beach!

1 Thank cemhawk

Woodstock
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food was really good, and the servers were outstanding. Will return next visit!!! The oysters were soooooooo good! In fact, everything was good...

Visited July 2014
ORLEANS
“OK-- Not a must every year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I have been to P. C. Beach 25 of last 29 years. It is an 11 hour drive, we stay for a week, once a year. We have three restaurants that are a must each year. Checkout my other reviews. Capt. Anderson's is very good. They have good food and good service. The wait is usually not very long, because it is so big and can handle a lot of people. It just doesn't have that WOW factor that I find other places.

1 Thank DENNIS J
Houston, Texas
“I don't get it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I honestly do not get it. We went here for dinner last week while staying in the area for a week-long vacation. I had never been before but others in my group had and I heard all the hype before we got there. My overall impression was that this is the Applebee's/Friday's/Chili's of seafood.

Obviously, the place is enormous. Thus, I though the whole "check-in" process to get to the point of being seated was a little over-dramatic. Once we got seated I immediately observed the décor was dirty and extremely outdated. It took a long time for our food to arrive and once it did, I thought the food tasted mass-produced. In fact, I commented to my wife that places like this attempt to make up flavor by adding salt, cream and butter to every dish. Making matters worse the prices were sky-high for the greasy, unimaginative and simple food that was served. I know that sounds a bit lofty but seriously if you go to the grocery store and buy a filet of red snapper, pan sear it with several tablespoons of butter, add a bunch of cream and the top it off with salt you will get the same food for 1/3 of the price. Make sure to skip the desserts - our table ordered five different types and they all tasted like something from a Sam's Club freezer. The only thing I noted that was really good was the service.

Dacula, GA
“Childhood Favorite Still Does NOT disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I grew up going here on our beach vacations.....we were there again this summer, but now I'm the adult and I'm taking my children. The menu is still as good as ever. Expect to wait, but it's worth it. While you wait, check out the fishing boats just outside.