“Did handdipped ice cream really get that expensive??”

Kilwins Panama City Beach
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: When Don and Katy Kilwin began hand-crafting chocolates in the late 40s, they used only the finest chocolates and premium confections in each and every one of their treats. Today, we’re proud to carry on that tradition here in PCB, serving decadent desserts to locals and vacationers alike. Our assorted chocolates are still hand-crafted using the same recipes developed by Don Kilwin, and we still use only the finest chocolates and other ingredients in our many recipes. We’re also serving up 32 different flavors of ice cream and delicious homemade fudge just like Grandma’s. One bite, and you’ll know why people have loved Kilwins for generations.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I stopped in the other night for a sweet treat. I got a single in a cup of toasted coconut ice cream..and he got a double of chocolate chip cookie dough. Both delicious, but I already knew this, since I lived in Palm Beach Gardens Florida for 16 years and there was one around the corner from my condo. BUT..our ice cream this trip cost 12 dollars!!! I don't seem to recall it being that ridiculous a few years ago. Is it priced more in Pier Park..or is that how much it cost nowadays?? I'm not cheap and I expected 8 - 10 bucks..but $12.15 cents for 3 scoops of ice cream?

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

If you are for some great sweets, this is it! Had multiple items, ice cream, chocolate peanuts, buckeyes, chocolate malt balls. Everything was great. Staff was attentive and good even though the line was constantly out the door. Wish there was one closer to us!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Loved: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie
Husband Loved: Ice Cream-very creamy
Didn't Like: Long Line
Loved so much: had to go for a second piece the morning we left PCB.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Usually we stop by here and the kids get chocolate and fudge. And my wife always orders chocolate covered strawberries. Well the kids enjoyed there chocolate and fudge. But the chocolate covered strawberries were not so good. 3 out of 5 strawberries were rotten. Really disappointing.

mberko, Owner at Kilwins Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Although we always strive to have the highest quality products and our strawberries are dipped fresh everyday they are highly perishable. If ever you are not fully satisfied with our products PLEASE ask for the manager and they will always make it right or you can always call the store and talk to the manager. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had, as a returning customer you know that this is not a usual occurrence.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Have visited several times -- tried a sundae this time. The hot fudge was rich and much better than the average "fast-food" type hot fudge. It's a must-visit (usually a couple times) during any trip to PCB. The line can be fairly long at times, but it really moves quite quickly -- always adequately staffed when we have been there.