“Stuffed Snoballs Yum!”
Review of David's Sno-Balls

David's Sno-Balls
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: American,cajun and Creole.
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Stuffed Snoballs Yum!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The stuffed snowballs are so good. I love the lime flavor. Staff is very friendly. My kids love the shrimp po boys too.

1 Thank peypey

Hampton Roads
“Nice people, good food, excellent value”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's especially nice to find a local place with good food without the high prices typical for a tourist area. We've eaten here twice this weekend and will return soon.

The Food:
The beignets and muffulettas are similar to the ones in New Orleans, but I must say i prefer the originals. The beignets at Cafe De Monde are lighter, my preference. The muffulettas at Central Grocery have a much tastier olive spread, but half the meat. The meat at David's is piled high as shown in the photos. On the other hand, the Central Grocer version has a distinctly Italian flavor - I think they get their meat directly from New York City. Don't misread me, David's version are good and worth the price.

My sister-in-law had the 6 inch roast beef Po Boy. The sub roll was filled with lots of tender roast beef and she really liked it. I think I'll order one next time.

My favorite here, so far, is the coffee - I love the coffee au lait! The hardy coffee is softened by milk and served hot, just the way I like it.

We got a taste of the filled Sno-Ball. Oh my, that tastes good. No room this trip, but I'll be sure to have one later.

The Cafe
The place is difficult to find even with the aid of Goggle maps. The place could use a bigger, more visible sign appropriately placed so as to be visible from a distance. The resturant is clean and the counter person was neat and friendly. Please note: they have limited seating and they can fill up fast.

The Service
The apparent owner was visible during both our visits. It's evident he cares about his customers - he is friendly, engaging, and appears eager to please. Nice people all around.

Support this local restaurant that serves good food at reasonable prices.

Orfordville, Wisconsin
“Better than New Orleans Cafe DuMonde”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stopped here for the beignets one rainy afternoon........ended up enjoying the delicious beignets and a fun talk with the cafe's friendly owner who came out to the dining area to check and see if the diners were enjoying their food. It is a small cafe along Hwy 98, and you need to look for the sign...it won't jump out at you. The cafe is very clean and somewhat sparse as far as furnishings and decor. The waitress was young and friendly, the service was quick, and the beignets were large, plump, hot and delicious (better than Cafe Du Monde). The coffee was good and refills were readily given. I cannot speak to the other items on the menu, but a couple eating next to us were served muffalettas that were impressively large which they said they were good. I know we will certainly return again to try other menu items, and of course more beignets! It's such a pleasure to be treated as a special guest rather than just another "visitor" when enjoying local eateries.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank J C
Panama City Beach, Florida
“sweel side of New Orleans in Panama City Beach”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I first experienced their bignets while wintering in PCB 2 years ago. I won't come back without at least one visit. The bignets are as good as Cafe Du Monde in NO. This trip I embibed on the shrimp po-boys, which are as good as any I've eaten in NO. The Davids get their french bread from Gambini Bakery in NO. Add on a little catsup and some Crystal Hot and you have a culinary delight.
Uh um good!!

• Visited February 2013
Bloomington IL
“Great food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food was great and staff was friendly. I had never had New Orleans style sno-balls before and they were great! Will be going back next time we are in PCB.

• Visited October 2012