“Worst dining experience ever.”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I grew up poor back in the day not picky and have never complained about a meal...til now. I took my family because it was good three years ago and thought they would like it. We waited 20 minutes for drinks with four families between two waitresses. The one methed out waitress brought her boyfriend a couple of budlites while we waited. Second waitress yelled across the room that drinks were coming then showed up 5 minutes later complaining about other customers drinkin too much sweet tea. Slow foward another half hour when i receive 5 ribs for my all u can eat. She messed up the other three orders in my party also. The entire wrong order was delivered by an obviously pilled out waitress. After 20 minutes the first waitress returned asking what she forgot. I told her if she was leaving again and was going to be gone for awhile to return with a large amount if food. She became rude and walked away. She returned 10 minutes later with obviously destroyed and inedible food. The manager arrived and i showed him the five petrified ,pepper caked dinosaur bones on my plate. He told me he doesnt eat ribs but that wz the dry rub (didnt order dry rub..but wrong orders were the least of the problem) i told him to get me the check, cuz i didnt want to create a scene and would chalk it up to a lesson learned. I walked out. Place was almost empty, should have known because it was packed last time. Shady looking characters and staff, and im a swat cop in a major city, so thats saying something. Do yourself a favor and dont get a $ 40-75 kick in the nuts.

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Never seen a drive thru for a BBQ restaurant before but we thought we'd give it a try since we have an infant. The wait at the drive thru is a little long considering it takes longer to box up. The food was good, not great. We ordered pulled pork and baked beans. Definitely worth the drive thru if you want something other than burgers.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Took my family out to eat after a fun day at the beach. We are locals and this is usually one of our favorite places to eat. I dont know what happened but disappointed and won't be back. Mine and my husbands food came out before out appetizer and before our children's food. The food was COLD. I sent my vegetables back to be reheated and they came out for the second time cold. I'm not usually a fussy person but after the second time of trying to get food heated I gave up. Don't know what the kitchen was thinking or doing back there but this is really bad business and you guys are going to lose a lot of people if this is the way you operate

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The food was very good, the salad bar is AMAZING (small but good selection and salad bars are so hard to find anymore) but the service was terrible. We never did get the butter for our corn on the cob, and had to walk up to front to ask for drink refills. The price was decent though, and very good bbq.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Can't believe you can get all you can eat BBQ for $15! This is not the absolute best BBQ I've had, but it certainly isn't bad and it is well smoked. The dry rub was more tender and tasty than their signature sweet/smokey (which I found rubbery and dry), but you'll need a bit more seasoning on the dry rub. Fortunately they offer 4 sauces, all of which are pretty good. We felt the prices were very good all around given the sit-down service it's cheaper than most BBQ places we go to.