“Interesting as well as tasty”
Review of J Michael’s

J Michael’s
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Enjoy good seafood, large portions (try the fish tacos), and reasonable prices ($) in a down by the docks atmosphere with a view of the Grand Lagoon. Locals eat here.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited J. Michael's on 06/06/13 because a lady on the beach I met recommended it.

I called to see if they took reservations since we had a family of 13. The girl who answered the phone was sort of rude.
We were told we would have about a 20 minute wait, but we waited more like 45 minutes.
For an appetizer, we ordered Fried Cheese Curds, which were DELICIOUS!
The salads they serve with the meal are nothing fancy. Ice burg lettuce and a slice of onion. No cheese, no croutons. The house dressing & pepper slaw is gross.
I ordered a shrimp pasta, which was not hot when served and the noodles were a little hard. I asked for more sauce because the pasta was dry. It did have a nice taste.

My husband ordered fish, which was good. However, my sister-in-law had to send her flounder back because it was mush and literally fell apart when she touched it. The waitress even agreed that its not supposed to look like that.

Our waitress was very nice, however, the young teenage girl who looks like a hostess should be fired. Shes rude, and has ZERO personality.

I will not visit here again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Waited for about 45 minutes to an hour for a table. Ordered a side salad that was horrific- not too sure how a restaurant can screw up a side salad but they managed to.
Ordered fried shrimp and scallops- the meal was disgusting! The batter was awful, the corn fritters were dry, and the coleslaw was the worst ever!
Will not ever be back!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Pepper cole slaw was disgusting! Fried food is fried food, okay at best. Steak was the best thing our group ordered, and didn't compare to the local steakhouses on the beach. Would be hard pressed to go back.

1  Thank disneydivaatl
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Place kind of looks like a dive on the outside but great food on the inside. Definitely worth a visit.