“This review is 30 years old!!!”
Review of J Michael’s

J Michael’s
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I cook a lot. 30 years ago some friends and I jumped on our rice grinders and rode from Hammond LA to Panama City. A local recommended J Michaels and gave us directions.
The year was 1980. I was 21 and we all just wanted beer and oysters, so that's what we ordered along with 2 orders of garlic bread. Flash back to present (2012). Did I mention that I cook a lot? For years I've tried to duplicate the awesome garlic bread we had back in 1980. Tonight, I think I finally did it. No I will not reveal the secret, but it's garlicy, intense, crunchy, buttery and a little overly salty...the perfect garlic bread. So now I live in Steamboat Springs Co, and I mastered the garlic bread recipe tonight. So if this review doesn't convey anything else, it's that a restaurant that has been in business this long is worth visiting. And if the garlic bread is as good as 30 years ago, you might consider ordering some. And don't try dupicating it; it may take you some time.

1  Thank Andy A
There are newer reviews for J Michael’s

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Who would go to a place just for cole slaw? Give it a try. It is fantastic. Food is good. Consistent experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always have the Oyster Plate when I go, the Oysters are fresh and cooked just right..Service is great and waitress seems to always be there when you need something and checks on you often, will return on my next trip to FL....

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food was good. Some of the front staff at the door is very young and could use a little help being a bit more friendly, but once we got a table our waitress was awesome! She asked how hungry we were and told us about a few popular dishes. I was not into seafood that night and saw a big ol sandwich with gravy being served to a local guy at the next table. Well, he saw me looking and told me it was a favorite and was more than enough to fill him up so I got one too. There are old surf boards and pictures to look at everywhere. Some may say it needs updating but I say leave what is there alone or just add some more new snapshots and surf boards! Good food, good service and fair prices. Try it and then allow time to take a walk along the docks before driving off. You could be so full you will need that walk. Don't let the harley guys scare ya either. They were just some friendly locals hanging out at a good local place.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

J. Michael's had some great seafood and it was priced well. Excellent evening of seafood and fun. The garlic bread was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive.
We would definitely go back again.

1  Thank RetiredPilot69wife