“Catch of the Day at Captains Table”
Review of Captain’s Table

Captain’s Table
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Catch of the Day at Captains Table”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Went in originally to try a dish that had been recommended by several people - Grouper Throat Platter! OK, I must say I'm not particularly thrilled to eat the throat of anything, but, hey, did I mention it was recommended by several people? So, while speaking to our server, Jackie (who's been working there since day one and is delightful), I told her I was thinking about the Grouper Throat Platter. And you know what she says? How about the Grouper Cheek Platter??? And I'm thinking, "It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?" So, of course, I ask her "What's the difference?" (besides the obvious). Come to find out, the Grouper Throat has bones and the Group Cheek is sweet little medallions of pure meat. I opted for the Grouper Cheek Platter, which came with two sides. I chose Cheese Grits (heavenly) and Fried Okra (perfectly fried). And now for the verdict . . . Fantastic!!! Perfectly fried medallions of light, flaky fish that will definitely be a repeat when I return. However, the only catch (get it ...catch?) is that you can't order the Grouper Cheek just any old time you like. Seems the owner has a couple of boats and he had just returned from fishing and was prepping the catch as we spoke. I was truly getting the freshest catch-of-the-day possible. So, if you are lucky enough to be there when the boat comes in, go for the Cheek. If not, I'm sure the Throat has to be just as tasty, just look out for the bones. And, not to forget my friend's dish - Ribeye Sandwich. Who would have thought about ordering a steak sandwich at a fish house? However, it was quite delicious and tender. It came with a side, as well. We opted for cooked cabbage. Another surprise! Apparently they cook their cabbage with either bacon or ham, because it had the loveliest meaty flavor ever. Nice surprise. Once we feasted on all the above mentioned items, we were asked if we would like dessert. Key Lime Pie, two kinds of Cheesecake? Alas, we couldn't eat another bite. Next time . . .

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Traveler10102

Atlanta
“Great Food!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We happened upon this place by accident while unable to wait it out at Hunt's. Lucky us!!!!! The food here is exceptional (must try the oysters!!) and the staff are extremely friendly (we had a lady named Tracy). This will definitely be on our 'must eat while at the beach' places. Highly recommend!!

• Visited May 2014
Sevierville, Tennessee
“The BEST Oyster Rockefeller's Anywherr”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Once again local food salesmen suggested that we dine at the Captain's Table. They told us that the fish was fresh!! It was delicious. The oysters were the best ever. I had a grouper sandwich and it was cooked perfectly. My husband had fried oysters and they were super. It was more expensive than some places but it was worth it for the freshness!!

Canton
“Best fresh seafood ever”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

You need to get there early, maybe even for lunch. They open at 11:00. Great food, fresh from what has been caught that day. Casual/ shorts dinning. Very cheap ( we eat at Marietta Fish Market and wayyyy better food and prices). It is about 20 minutes from PCB but soo worth it. And great staff.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michelle D
Birmingham, Alabama
“Overrated/overpriced”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

If this restaurant was in a town where it couldn't take advantage of the tourists, it would never survive. The food was average, the portions small, the service was not very friendly and it was was not a good value. For $128 I'd like to have a better quality meal than what I can get at Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack. Their seafood "platters" aren't platters, just normal sized plates and they charge extra if you want to share a meal between your children (or anyone), which you may want to do since the kids menu is very limited. The Captain's Table is one step above eating at Captain D's. Atmosphere could use a facelift.

• Visited April 2014