“Grouper throats”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Montgomery, Alabama
“Grouper throats”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great raw oysters and the fried dishes will not disappoint. Get the Grouper throats! Very, very good and sort of a house specialty. Expect it to be crowded since Captain's Table is rather small. There is definitely a "local" crowd here which speaks well of a small downtown restaurant. Service was good and the prices fair for absolutely fresh (non frozen) seafood.
A little out of the way from the beaches but worth the drive and it's easy to find.

• Visited September 2013

“Very good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I originally wanted to go to Hunts but they were out of oysters and their was 6 of us and they automatically charged a 18% tip to parties of 6 or more so we went next door. Food was excellent. Most of us got the catfish and it was delicious. They had the best hushpuppies I have ever had. It was personally the best seafood I had all week. Would def go back!

Visited July 2013
panama city, florida
“Average seafood restaurant”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Old fashioned coffee shop style decor and fried seafood. That is what first came to mind as we entered the restaurant for my first visit. My first impression was correct! The menu does offer a variety and preparation choices too! The pricing felt higher than expected, and the food along with the presentation was just average. Service was average to good. Beer and Wine, fresh oysters, and a variety of offerings is about all I can add. No deck, No view, No entertainment, average preparation, very bland decor, rather loud and noisy dinning area, Nothing to entice me to return.

Visited August 2013
alabama
“looking for old fish house comfort”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

has a very fish house atmosphere, busy but get you in and out, offer fresh fish caught by their own boats. have raw and cooked oysters,

• Visited July 2013
“Great seafood”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe how much I enjoyed my meal. The food was excellent! It is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. Everyone in my party left with empty plates. The staff was friendly and met all of our needs in a timely manner. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013