“Very nice and friendly”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a local restaurant, not one of the chains that everyone lines up to eat at. The food was very good, try the fried pickles they are great. The staff are friendly, they make you feel welcome. The next time I'm in PC I will be eating their again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We originally planned to eat at the famous Hunts the day we ended up at The Captains Table. Hunts had over an hour wait - at lunch. My step dad knew that the Captains Table was in walking distance so he walked down and found they had no wait. None of us had been there but we were willing to try it. We are all so glad that we did! Our waitress was top-notch, as was our food. We all had something different - from grilled to fried. And we all left praising the food and the service. Forget the Hunts hype! Captains Table is the winning underdog!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food was pretty good. Worst hush puppies I have ever put in my mouth. Service was good not great. My main problem was the restaurant is the dirty place I have been in at PCB. Noway health dept would ok that place. I must add loudest place we have been as well for this trip.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was the worst I have ever eaten. My family and I ate here on the recommendation of a local. The food was overpriced and the portions were very small. The kids portions were ridiculously small. The waitress was rude and did not bring out all of our food. We had to ask her repeatedly to refill our drinks. Another waitress actually brought us our refills several times. We would have had a better meal at Burger King. I DO NOT recommend this place. Eat somewhere else.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't waste your time waiting an hour or more at Hunt's about 30 yards down the street. The Captain's Table is as good or better and the wait is very brief. The service yesterday was excellent and friendly, the grouper was lovely and very reasonable. I'll definitely be back! My step-daughter got grilled snapper and several of us had different shrimp dishes. They were all delcious.