“good oysters and grouper throats”
Review of Captain’s Table

Captain’s Table
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

very good fried oysters and grouper throats. Helpful friendly wait staff. Will definately go again.Had lunch there a couple of times about ten years ago and it was good then and still is.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

sI'm not one to write a bad review unless its well deserved, and in this case it most definately is! That place nearly killed me. After ordering (and very much enjoying) a dinner of steamed shrimp, we waited FOREVER for our food to get there. It was crowded, as most seafood restaurants are on a good day, so that was understandable. What was not understandable however, were the cramps that began within an hour of dinner. . . Cramps that were soon accompanied by horrible stabbing pains and then turned into violent illness. After about 3 hours I realized that something was not at all right about this and I went straight to the hospital. After running some bloodwork and taking samples, it was concluded that I had seafood poisoning caused by the shrimp that I was served at dinner at the Captain's table. Let me now say that I do not have any seafood allergies. This was not simply an allergic reaction. Shrimp has always been and is still one of my favorite foods, though I cannot enjoy it the way I did before this happened (the horror of the 3 days I spent in the hospital on iv medication and fluids ruins the fond memories I have of these little creatures). The bacterial levels that I had in my body were through the roof and it took some time for the doctors to control the vomiting and diarrhea. Due to the high levels of bacteria, I have permanent kidney damage and must be extremely cautious of shellfish of any kind since I am now more suseptible to this type of bacteria and could experience a flare up

4  Thank Kelli S
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were impressed by the variety of the seafood offered here. Food was great and so were the oysters! Decorated with local photos mounted fish and paraphernalia. Genuine fish house! They are located behind the marina so there is not much of a view but the food is worth a visit!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

A local suggested this place to me, and I must pass on information about this great little eatery. The smoked tuna dip is to die for. They will even give you a free sample to try it out. The best tuna dip I have ever eaten in my entire life. The fish is oh so fresh, as the restaurant owner also owns fishing boats. The fish they catch that day is on the menu. Try it-I know you will love it too.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have eaten here half a dozen times and will keep coming back. They always have a good selection of fresh fish shrimp and crab dishes. Most of the food is prepared simply so that you get to enjoy the seafood rather than sauces which mask taste. Not fancy but very welcoming and clean always.