“Good for large group”

Bayou Bill's Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited with a group of 12 on 4 separate checks on a Saturday night.
We were seated with 20 minutes and until then enjoyed buy 3 get 1 free frozen drinks from the bar ($20 total).
My family ordered Oysters (2 dozen), popcorn shrimp and chicken tenders. Food and a couple beers was $70. I thought this was a great price for a family of 4.
Service was better than most places that cater to large groups.
Overall I would chose this restaurant for a good meal that won't break the bank.

1  Thank Ellyanne

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good food, great service. Didn't have to wait very long to get a table and food was served quickly. Nice atmosphere. Not the cheapest place around, but not nearly as expensive as some of the other places. Will definitely go back there again.

2  Thank 4Pearsons
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Took the family here on vacation based upon recommendation from a local resident. The enjoyable thing about the place was alligator pool in front. My kids really enjoyed watching them as we had a 1/2 hour for our table. They also enjoyed touching the baby alligator which was available to take a pitcher with. The crab legs were very good and my wife enjoyed the shrimp. My daughter is now a shrimp Alfredo fan. The building is decorated well and has a fun rustic seafood atmosphere. It was also clean. The service was great, as the waiter we had was super fast and he hustled to earn his tip. My only complaint was it was a little pricey. I understand seafoood, but they charged $14 for the chicken tenders my son ordered. Overall it was a good experience and worth youre drive down to the west end.

1  Thank JilliansDad
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food and service was absolutely spot-on. We enjoyed our time there and everything was extremely fresh and tasty! Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Rachael T
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our family's first time to eat here and it was actually requested by my father-in-law that we did. I was not so sure because I thought it would be just another tourist trap-fried seafood place and we would be disappointed. Boy was I wrong! Started off getting pictures with my son holding an alligator. Which would have been worth a lot! Then we had probably the best server-he was very attentive and he gave us unbiased opinions of good meal choices. Started meal off with calamari and chargrilled oysters-both were amazing! I had the stuffed grouper Parmesan and I have to say it was some of the best food I have had! Everyone in our group was so pleased and had no complaints! I was so pleased I even went out of my way and found the general manager to compliment. The oyster shucker even came out and helped me with my kids and picking out teeshirts.

2  Thank Cjordan128b