“Delicious!!”
Review of Terrace Restaurant

Terrace Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We have the "Best" Fine Dining! "Must Go! We are between Carillon and Rosemary Beaches located in Inlet Beach at the westend of PCB. Come in and enjoy our specialty Cocktails and well regarded wine list. Chef Thomas WOWS our regular guests with his modern interpretations of classical local cuisine. Intimate relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal dishes daily.Call for information and reservations Dinner Only - Reservations Recommended.
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I have enjoyed coming to the Terrace for several years. Each time I come, the food is cooked exceptionally well. One thing I have noticed is that the seafood is delivered daily just before opening so you know that it is always fresh (yes , there are times I wait for them to open). The steaks are freshly cut and cooked to your specification. The Chef caters to any and all dietary restrictions without making you feel as if you are asking too much. Every dining experience is wonderful and I feel like I am the most important guest in the restaurant. The food is unbelievably delicious and I want to try everything on the menu and I would suggest to you the homemade coconut cake , you will forget about chocolate!

• Visited April 2011

“The best restaurant in Panama City Beach or Destin.”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Food and service excellent. The food is better than any restaurant that I have eaten at including some five star restaurants.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Well under par this time”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My wife and I have dined here several times before in the past and usually have a fairly good experience but last night was the exception. For all the money you pay here, everything should be as close to perfect as possible. And this was not perfect. It was to be a sort of late Valentine's day dinner that we had been looking forward to all week. But it was not meant to be, so next week we will try again somewhere else.

Summing up the bad things: the walk from the back parking lot to the front is up a gravel driveway that is dark. Our friend in a walker would have never made it. Lack of lighting is unsafe on at least a couple of levels. Once seated we asked about some wine choices. The answers were short, terse, and basically summed up as "this one is good" (It was ok, nothing great). Before we left the house we looked up their menu online and were looking forward to getting the Spanakopeta appetizer. They were out of it. A few minutes later our server (who was overly casual in dress and demeanor.. felt like we were at Mel's Diner or something) asked if we would like an appetizer. Yes, but you don't have it. I don't eat seafood so there were no other appetizers for me to select.

We were not served any bread, until we asked for it about 10 minutes after being seated. It came out with our salad. The bread plate was a small mix of approx. 2 pieces each of pita bread, small slices of italian bread, and hushpuppies. It was a small portion and we later asked for more. We felt that we shouldn't have had to ask for bread once, let alone twice.

When ordering the only beef product on the menu, a 9 oz filet, the server barked out "medium rare?", with a commanding assumption that would make you feel out of order for taking it any other way, so I just said 'yes". Later I wished I had said medium because it's a pretty thick cut (as all filets) are and should be. I noticed that the people sitting next to us also must have ordered the filet for I heard the same question "medium rare?". It would just be better if she would ask "how would you like that cooked?". The Mel's Diner approach just didn't cut it for us.

Mixed report here on the food itself. Aside from the steak being just a bit undercooked for my tastes, it was a good cut. The presentation of the food was about a -B. My wife's shrimp was good but the cobia fish was not that great. Her entree was $32.95 and we just felt it wasn't worth that much.

The place is probably due for some new carpeting. But with the lights turned down you don't notice it as much, yet you still feel a tad dirty. The silverware didn't match... I know I shouldn't complain about such things and normally wouldn't even mention these little things were it not for the prices. When you pay first class prices you expect first class service, atmosphere, product and attention to the details.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank BeachinD
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Got Spanakopeta? (or homemade coconut cake?)”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Thom and Kathy have been cooking together FOREVER it seems. I first met them in the kitchen of the Gibson Inn in Apalachicola many years ago. At their own restaurant in Inlet Beach, aka "west PCB" aka "east 30A", they dont have the fine Victorian decor of the Gibson Inn, but their little hideaway is intimate and comfortable. I always choose the small bar seating area where I catch a glimpse of kichen activity in this more intimate little space. Every dinner starts out with a generous bread selection. Most entrees are Greek Inspired, but they grill a mean filet mignon without any Mediterranean flair. I typically start my meal with the delicious Spanakopeta. I dont know that I have a favorite entree, but the filet is great, the grouper gourmet brings back memories from 20 years ago, and anything picata style is scrumptious. Portions are always very generous including the monster size slice of homemade coconut cake. Low key--never stuffy, casual/"beach dressy" attire but the crowd is often quite dressy especially couples out for a romantic dinner.

• Visited December 2010
Covington, WA
“Treated Like Royalty”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We do not visit Panama City Beach, without going to the The Terrace. It is quiet, the food is great, and you are given a warm welcome. There are plenty of choices on the menu, many reflecting fresh seafood.
The restaurant is elegant and you will be pleased.

• Visited February 2010