“Average food, average drinks, amazing location and good service”
Review of Schooners

Schooners
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: There's nothing "fancy" about Schooners cuisine; it is simple, fresh and perfect. No sauces cover the unbeatable flavor of truly fresh Grouper sizzled to perfection on the Schooners grill. A platter of fresh Fried Oysters, Hushpuppies and icy cold beer blend perfectly with the salty breeze blowing in off the Gulf.
Augusta, Georgia
“Average food, average drinks, amazing location and good service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food was standard fare, prepared in the standard/steady way, with average ingredients. Come here for the bar, the view, and the bands. The price is not as high as Pineapple Willy's, but not low considering its a seafood restaurant and a touristy place.

The wait will be long but we always show up (its walking distance from the condo), everyone generally has a good time. You can't go wrong if you're near Schooners, grab a table right at the beach and drink a few beers.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Good food, great scenery”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a fun place to hang out and enjoy friends. The place is hopping during lunch and dinner and the food is always awesome. Their Angus burgers are so large they hang over the buns. They have a Gruben sandwich that's to die for. Yes, it's a Ruben sandwich made with Grouper!!! If you're lucky enough to get a beach side table, you can enjoy the gorgeous blue water and white sand. They have live bands at night, which really packs the people in. Parking can be difficult, so be prepared to walk a little further than you might like.

• Visited August 2013
“Bad service....very average food.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visited there on a Friday night. The restaurant was full but we got seated with a party of 8. Right away I knew we should have left. When taking our orders the waiter shouts out I can only take one order at a time. The burger tasted like it had been frozen, the grouper sandwich was over cooked and the other diners also stated their food was very average. When the checks arrived our inept waiter screwed them up. He was very rude. We will not return. If you want average food and bad service....this is the place to go.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great atmosphere, ok food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My two year-old nephew loved this place. We were sat right next to the stage while they had live music and after every song he would clap and scream. Watching him dance while he ate took my mind off my bland cheeseburger. The service was excellent and the atmosphere great. Watching them set off the canon at sundown was a plus.

Southside, AL
“A beach party in your mouth”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Schooners advertises that they are the last local beach club on Panama City Beach. Great atmosphere, great live music and great food. That's 3 'GREATS' folks. My wife and I split The Beach Party - a bountiful seafood platter of freshness and goodness. For my side, I requested the Black Bean with Tasso & Yellow Rice. I couldn't get enough of it. I could have made a meal out of the black bean dish alone. My 16 year old daughter raved about her Seafood Gumbo and offered her spoon for me to try. Oh my...good stuff too!

Don't forget to end your meal with a stroll down the beach. I enjoyed the atmosphere inside and out.

P.S. If you go, save room for a slice of their Key Lime Pie. Oh my. ~ you'll thank me later.

Visited August 2013