“Dining by the sea”
Review of Schooners

Schooners
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: There's nothing "fancy" about Schooners cuisine; it is simple, fresh and perfect. No sauces cover the unbeatable flavor of truly fresh Grouper sizzled to perfection on the Schooners grill. A platter of fresh Fried Oysters, Hushpuppies and icy cold beer blend perfectly with the salty breeze blowing in off the Gulf.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

During our month in Panama City Beach we dined several times at Schooners.

It is located right alongside the beach and it was great to be able to enjoy our meals with the beach and sea right next to us ---not even separated by a window.

There was a wide selection of food and what we had was of good quality and was well prepared.The servers were efficient and friendly.

Schooners has a tradition of firing a cannon at sunset.

Date of visit: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,560)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had dinner. Food was good and there was a live band which was lots of fun. Staff were friendly. Prices reasonable and drinks were good

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We make sure to hit up Schooners atleast once or twice while we are in PCB every year. You cant beat the view and the food and drinks are awesome!!!!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I think I had about the best lunch of my life with my cousin at Schooner's! It's not an easy place to find but well worth the effort! I had the Maui Maui fish taco with Cuban black beans & yellow rice, which was beyond OUTSTANDING! My Voodoo drink was amazing & the view was out of this world. Go here for lunch when the crowds are not so big if you are an old timer like me or in the evening for a REAL party experience!

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We just loved the place. It was 5 minutes walk from our rental house. I remember visiting here as a kid back in the mid to late 90's so was nice to come back and visit. I had the schooners burger every time (not a fish person) I think by the third time in two weeks I managed to eat it all! The frozen adult drinks are great, the live music was awesome and the views are incredible! The staff were always friendly, and we had very little waiting time to be sat down, if at all. We preferred to be sat in the outer area as my kids aren't too keen on loud noise/music, but that was fine by me as we got a good view of the ocean! The wifi is handy too! We will be visiting again this year, and will be taking iPad/ ds for the kids so we can enjoy the scenery a little longer! Can get a little pricey, but I think it's worth every penny when all we see is Rain/wind and cold for about 9 months out of the year! Tropical heaven!

Date of visit: May 2012