“Good Food and Atmosphere”
Review of The Back Porch

The Back Porch
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Back Porch Seafood and Oyster House has been serving Gulf seafood, raw oysters and ice cold beer since 1974. We were the first to serve chargrilled Amberjack along the Gulf Coast. Stop by The Back Porch for a great meal, fantastic Gulf views and an unpretentious atmosphere that will take you back in time. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were seated outside and really enjoyed watching the Pier Park crowd while we waited for our food. I had a dozen raw oysters and my husband had shrimp. Both were very good. For our main course, my husband had a sea food platter that had a little bit of everything on it. It was so large he had to take half of it back to the condo. I had the chicken tenders which are expensive but so good. I had to take half of them back too. My frozen margarita was also good. The entire meal was half the price of one of the fancy restaurants where we had eaten the night before and much better. We will be returning.

3  Thank summer53
Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We arrived on a sunday evening around 6pm for dinner so we expected to wait a while with a party of 11. However we were seated after only about 20mins which was a very short wait time compared to others in the surrounding area.

The crab dip appitizer was amazing while we waited for our food.

once we got our food there was a complete hush over our table thats just how amazing the food was. No one was worried about talking only worried about eating the delious food!

The only complaints we had out of our group was:
1. We felt the price on raw oysters was way to high. ( we paid anyway)
2. Our waitress was very slow on refilling our drinks, We all know nothing worse than running out of something to drink while your eating.

other than that it was a very good stop to eat and we will eat here again.

1  Thank that07seguy
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We dined here June 2014 and have been several times before. Sitting near the beach and dining is pretty hard to beat. I was curious upon arrival why Margaritaville next door had an 1 1/2 hr wait and we were seated outside immediately. Now I know ! The food was absolutely horrible. We started with baked oysters that were globed with some type of unbanked curdled cream cheese mixture. My whole group was served and then my food came, they forgot it. My girlfriend had crab cakes that looked like they had come out of the freezer. We will not be going back ever!

Greg H, General Manager at The Back Porch, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience on your most recent visit. We take pride in the quality and preparation of all of our food and I apologize that we failed to demonstrate that to you. We would very much like a chance to make it up to you. The next time you are in the area please stop in and ask for myself or any member of our management team, Thanks -

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We were seated promptly to start with. Live music was not overbearing. Atmosphere was appropriate. Oysters on half shell were good, tasted fresh but not salty surprisingly. I had the grouper dinner fried and it was ok. Had to ask for Tatar sauce which you think would be a give me with fried fish. Seafood nachos are a negative at least for me. No flavor at all. They do have their own house beer which is a dark beer. I thought that the beer was up to par for a dark beer. It wasn't a bad choice overall but next time we will explore out options. Florida Kracker out.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I ordered fish and it came out awesome. The Bartender was from Germany (where Im currently stationed) and we had a great conversation. Nice guy. The atmosphere was nice. The food was moderate in price.

2  Thank Ray M