“An unexpectedly great dining spot!”
Review of The Back Porch

The Back Porch
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Back Porch Seafood and Oyster House has been serving Gulf seafood, raw oysters and ice cold beer since 1974. We were the first to serve chargrilled Amberjack along the Gulf Coast. Stop by The Back Porch for a great meal, fantastic Gulf views and an unpretentious atmosphere that will take you back in time. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first visit and it was a real surprise. This restaurant is located at Pier Place in Panama City Beach who which is a shopping area. The grouper was the best I've ever had and I know my grouper. The service was a little slow but worth the wait. All the staff were very friendly. The cost was what you would expect for this area. I went back again before I left for another sandwich. The sides were very good also. I recommend checking it out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went here for dinner our first night in Panama. We ordered the shrimp apetizer (bangbang shrimp) it was fabulous!!! We had great service and nice atmosphere. Everyone liked their food and we ended up going back for more shrimp.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The food was good but not spectacular, prices were high for the quality, fun atmosphere. As to be expected at a touristy type of establishment like this. I reccomend eating the jack.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Red Lobster and Shoney's would be five star compared to this place.. Ordered 3 types grilled fish.. All chewy and all seasoned the same.. Tuna in a can would have been better. Spam in the can would have been a great imptovement.. A definite tourist trap.. Happy hour only in the bar? Huh?
A total disaster.. Ban and boycot put them out if their misery.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We enjoyed the food here. My hubby had the fish and chips which was amberjack and mahi mahi. His portion was huge and it was more than he could eat. I had the fish tacos and they were delicious. The service was very good as well.