“great place to stay for the price”

Emerald Beach Resort
new orleans, louisiana
“great place to stay for the price”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

With any place you visit, there will always be good reviews and bad reviews. I read all the reviews I could find on the Emerald Beach Resort, and seemed satisfied that this was the place for us. The only inconvenience was that with a 4pm check-in, our room was not ready until close to 5pm, but when we finally got in our room, we were very surprised. The rooms were very tastefully furnished and color coordinated, the flat screen (plasma , I believe) t.v.'s were great for entertaining the kids, the view from the balcony was breathtaking, even from the 18th floor. The best part of the resort were the pools, 2 heated ones and one zero entry kiddie pool. The kids wanted to go to every day. We had originally planned on going to the local water park, but we knew we would be limited to what we could do with 2 small children, so we saved our money and stayed at the pool. There is ample parking across the street in the parking garage and they have a skywalk to cross over to the resort side, sometimes the elevators seemed to take a while, but what can you expect with 25 floors. Overall, I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2009

When we checked in our room was not ready for 2 hours, which was about 6:00 p.m. After a long drive, this was unacceptable to us, since we are Wyndham owners. Room and accomdations were beautiful. It is a hassel to get to and from vehicle and room, a long walk, and confusing.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
ATL
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We arrived on June 14th for our week long stay, I had read other reviews and had the lay out figured out when we got there. It is some what a bother parking across the street, but the quality of the resort makes up for it.
The location of the resort is great, go-carts putt-putt and a arcade are all within walking distance, there is also a small store across the for those mid day beer runs from the beach. The resort was pretty packed but never had trouble finding loungers or chairs at the pools across the street, the beach side pool was a little harder to get a lounger but chairs were fairly easy to find.
Honestly the best review I could give is that we are planning to stay here next year for our vacation. The one and only complaint I would have is about finding carts to haul your luggage or grocerys to the room, when we arrived on Saturday there were none to be found. I searched all the floors in the parking grage and asked for help at the front desk but still none were found, finnally we just gave up and everyone had to make three trips hauling everything to the room. I talked with a bellman later in the week and the resort is supposed to have 50 carts, I never saw more than 2-3 at the bottom of the escalators during the entire week. I felt bad about doing this but the day before we left I grabbed a cart and kept it in the room till we left, but on the morning we left there were people waiting for carts to get there stuff out. The bellman did tell me they had more carts on order but with parking being so far from the rooms this does create a problem. Other than this one problem I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Nashdy
st. charles, missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed at Emerald Beach Resort May 30 - June 6. Rented condo from a private owner and it was everything we expected and more! The condo was very clean when we arrived and the view from the living room out onto the balcony was stunning!

The unit had everything we needed as far as pots, pans, glasses, utensils, etc. and plenty of towels, we were in need of nothing but groceries. The bed in the master bedroom was to die for, we slept like babies. When we first arrived, we thought the layout of the resort was a little weird but in an hour we had it down and for us there were no complaints.

The pools were great, 3 pools, always clean and clear and very inviting, kids loved it and mom and dad loved the tiki hut with yummy drinks! Staff was very very friendly and always helpful, we will stay here again!

1 Thank lacey4
earlfunk
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed at the Emerald Beach Resort during the week before the Memorial Day and besides the weather, we had a great time at the resort. The main downside was the parking, which as mentioned in the other reviews, is pretty complex. You have to park across the street in the garage, cross the third floor walkway, go down to the 1st floor, and finally take the side elevators which take you to the condos. They were having trouble with the side elevators so only half were working properly. The other downside is that they do have chairs on the beach, but they are rentals that you have to pay to use each day. Other than those two issues, our room was really clean and we had a great view of the gulf. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and in the bedroom. They had ethernet in our room which was pretty fast for a resort. It is a easy walk to the beach and to the beachside pool. I would recommend this place.

1 Thank earlfunk
Memphis
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I have never seen another condo quite like Emerald Beach Resort and Spa. First off, there is no spa. Secondly, Emerald Beach shares space with Wyndham Vacation Resort. This seems to confuse many people. The eastern half of the resort is made up of Emerald Beach Resort direct rentals and private owners while the remaining western half is for Wyndham timeshare owners. We booked directly through VRBO.com, found a great deal, and did not have to check in through the resort (our room had a keypad). The layout of the resort is most confusing. The parking garage across the street has traffic running both ways (be careful). We were instructed by our owner to park on the 3rd floor...summon a bellman (you won't find a luggage cart on your own), walk across the skyway, catch the 3rd floor elevator to the 1st floor (also known as the lobby), and transfer elevators taking us to the 13th floor (you do get used to this, but it is a hassle). The pool issues varied from day to day...going from too crowded to okay. Our condo was spotless and well maintained. The staff seems to be cleaning at all times and everyone who I came into contact with was friendly and wanting to know how everything was going. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Louisiana
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We got a call from the condo owner the night before we left for PCB, who informed us that #2036 had flooded due to a hot water heater blow. When we finally arrived, the room #1430 offered, needed new carpet badly. This place was down right filthy and badly maintained! We found fur in the sheets of the 2nd bedroom bed, which my adult son was to stay. We had to take towels out of the washer and dry them before we could use them. The hall bathroom towel rack fell off the wall as soon as we tried to hang a towel on it. In the master bathroom, as I washed my face, I looked down to spot some long black hairs on the floor next to my feet near the bath rug. I had to cover the bath rugs with the condo towels just to walk on them, as they felt sticky under my feet. When we tried the sofa bed, we found that it was broken and the mattress was so bad that we had to pull a twin mattress off the bunk bed in the hall entry and put it in the middle of the living room for our adult daughter to have a bed. So we literally had NO living room, so no comfort there. I went to the master bathroom and the toilet paper holder fell off the wall while I was…well you know! The sliding doors were almost impossible to open. Mold covered the balcony deck! The trip to and from the garage got old real fast. Slow elevators to the beach pool. Starbucks closed way too early...7PM. IF we ever go back to PCB, it surely won't be here unless we get the original room we thought we were renting in the first place, well cleaned and well serviced. I can't help thinking that this place has scam artist and we fell victim to them. Even though we were given back our cleaning fee, a new set of sheets, and one of our nights free, it just didn't make up for how harassed we felt by this condo and it's owner's misfortune, if indeed the advertised room did flood. So travelers beware of what you THINK you are paying for!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family