Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great Place On The Beach”

Grand Panama Beach Resort
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just returned from Grand Panama Resort after a great, fun-filled and relaxing weekend. GPR is a collection of condominiums in two high rise buildings. One building (#1) is located right on the beach while the other building is across the street. Both buildings are connected by a skywalk. If you want to have a full ocean view, make sure you book a place in Building #1.

It also appeared to my wife and I that the original plan for the resort was to build additional condo buildings north of Front Beach Road. But this never happened, most likely due to the recession back in 2008. Still, GPR is a beautiful property and as nice as they come at Panama City Beach.

We ended up renting a two bedroom, two bath unit with all the standard amenities for $1650 plus tax, plus refundable security deposit for the week. We used the VRBO booking site and were able to work directly with the owner of the unit. This is a great option as is dealing with the GPR booking people.

The resort includes a beautiful pool that's located between the building and beach. The pool also includes multiple grills for cooking. The beach itself is your typical, beautiful, white sand beach the area is famous for. There's no full blown restaurant on the property, but there is a Tiki Hut restuarant poolside that offers great favorites such as hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks, beers, etc. We ate there for lunch one day and enjoyed the food.

The beach also offers water sports for an additional price that include jet skiing, para gliding and banana boat rides. Make sure you talk to the jet ski owner regarding restaurants. He's a native of PCB and a former chef and he'll be more than happy to offer up great suggestions, as was the case with our family.

ADVICE: When booking your unit, make sure you find out whether or not lounge chairs and umbrella setups on the beach are included in your rate. If they are, great! if not, expect to pay about $30-$35 a day for set-up.

ADVICE PART 2: PCB is fairly congested, build out and at times suffocating. I compare it to Myrtle Beach. If you've got kids or you like lots of activities, this is your place. If you are laid back and don't like crowds, I'd opt for somewhere like Portofino at Pensacola Beach, where it's a little less crowded.

Overall, we had a great time. The beach was amazing, the restaurants top notch and the resort five star. GPR is a high end option.

Room Tip: Book in Tower #1 for a full view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AtlantaTalkinghead
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the nice review you wrote for Grand Panama Beach Resort. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will return in the future.

Tom

There are newer reviews for Grand Panama Beach Resort

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying at this property since last Fall. The rooms are really nice and spacious. Although we did prefer the rooms in Tower 2, over Tower 1 on the beach. The downside is that the Front Desk Staff were not at all friendly when our three family group checked in on 6/20 at 7pm. There was a male and female on duty. When the male was asked questions about checking in and the property in general, he just stated "I don't know, you will just have to wait for her to finish" and referred my other family members to the female attendant. When we got to our room, 1407 in Tower 1, we noticed that laundry room door handle had been broken off and just lying on top of the remaining handle. Also the spare towels, under the sink, in the bathrooms were dingy and very badly worn and should be replaced. Upon checking out that Sunday, the female agent at the front desk also did not display an adequate level of customer service. She seemed very nonchalant. I can however say that Mickey at the Tiki Stand was great and very engaging to everyone that walked up. It would be nice to have more employees with positive attitudes to make the experience for enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We strive to exceed our guest expectations from the moment they arrive through departure. I will get with the front desk and review customer service standards and with the housekeeping department reference issues you listed. We know that there are a lot of resorts that you can choose from when you come down and are honored that you chose ours. We hope that you will return in the future and let us regain your confidence and show you the true hospitality that you deserve.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This resort has 2 pools and an unbelievable beach. It is close enough to everything on the beach, but far enough away from the "party zone" so you avoid most of the madness. Great workout room and I can't say enough about the units. The rooms are furnished like no other we've stayed in while staying in PCB. The rooms have granite and tile everywhere and are furnished with everything you need. Units are owned by individual owners. Much better rooms than any place we've stayed. I highly recommend this place. There are two towers to this complex --- tower 1 sits on the beach and tower 2 sits on across the road (but almost literally on the beach too). Both towers have great views of the beach and the strip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank riskmanager4u
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time provides us with you feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look foreword to you returning to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my 3rd time to vacation in PCB. It was my forst stay at the Grand Panama Resort. We loved it! Check in was easy and the front desk people were very friendly. The room was beautiful. We enjoyed the board games that were in the room. We had 8 people in our party and everyone sleep comfortably. The parking was frustrating, because it was hard to find a park and you had to back up alot to get out. But other than that the resort was very nice. It was also a plus that at check out the clerk gave me back one of the key cards to recieve a 15% discount on our next visit. We will be back!!!! Great Place to Stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kantrina B
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and look foreword to you returning in the future

Reviewed April 15, 2013

First things first when we arrived the lady at the front desk said that we owed $279 for the rest of the time we were staying!!! " I left $84 dollars to pay how did it switch to $279??" They fixed that for us the first day which I was thankful that we could come to an agreement. The condo 1308 was very beautiful the view was great! Then it's spring break and my 17 year old sister had 6 friends with her so there were quite a few people that knew our condo number and last name apparently thats all you need to get a key to our room! Because of this quite a few things ended up missing from our room! Including a wallet. I went to front desk and expressed not to give out any more keys, it wasn't two hours later they gave another key to the girl I believe took the items from our room how is that right!!! Will not stay here again and we vacation to panama every year!

Room Tip: The room was great it was the front desk that was horrible!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dawn K
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I talked to you about this while you were at the Resort and thought that the matter had been taken care of to your satisfaction. If you want to discuss this further please contact me at 850-249-1244

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was required to pay a damage waiver of $40.00. I am a 52 year old male and stayed in the unit 4 or the 5 days alone. They claimed I damaged the carpet for a charge of $90.00. We did not damage the carpet and the charge was only discoveded on my statement. If we had damaged the carpet the damage waiver should cover it. I believe they go out of their way to collect hidden fees. If you stay here, photograph you room, walls, carpet, cabinets, appliances and note in writing any possible damage. Otherwise, you are liable and they will charge you without notification regardless if you pay a damage waiver. This is horrible and unforgivable business practaces.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank Charles G

Our units are inspected for damages after every guest checks out. As stated on the registration card and signed by every guest the damage waiver fee covers accidental damages and must be reported before check out.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My Granddaughter and her friends stayed at this resort during Spring Break from 03/09/2013 till 03/16/2013. Upon check-in they were required to pay a $500 deposit before they could check in. I put the cost of the room on my credit card for them which was over $1100. They were to get the deposit back upon checkout as long as there were no damages or extra charges. When they checked out they were told the deposit would be mailed to them. Today is the 27th of March, 11 days after check out and I spoke with the front desk person and was told "Our accountants are working diligently to get them mailed out, but this one has not been mailed." I inquired if there was any reason they would not be sending it, and was told no it is just because they are so busy. I feel these girls held up their end of the bargain, but the resort is not following through on their end. I asked to speak with Management and was told he would transfer me, but he was assured they would not pick up. I understand it is Spring Break, but I for one would never stay at any resort who can't follow up in a timely fashion. I will be paying an interest fee on my credit card bill due to this delay--what compensation will be given to us for our delay?????? Poorly managed resort.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Janice C

Please feel free to contact me at 850-249-1244 ext. 2 , I like to talk to you about this.