Message from TripAdvisor:

Grand Panama Beach Resort
Columbus, Mississippi, United States
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my 3rd time to vacation in PCB. It was my forst stay at the Grand Panama Resort. We loved it! Check in was easy and the front desk people were very friendly. The room was beautiful. We enjoyed the board games that were in the room. We had 8 people in our party and everyone sleep comfortably. The parking was frustrating, because it was hard to find a park and you had to back up alot to get out. But other than that the resort was very nice. It was also a plus that at check out the clerk gave me back one of the key cards to recieve a 15% discount on our next visit. We will be back!!!! Great Place to Stay!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kantrina B
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and look foreword to you returning in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

First things first when we arrived the lady at the front desk said that we owed $279 for the rest of the time we were staying!!! " I left $84 dollars to pay how did it switch to $279??" They fixed that for us the first day which I was thankful that we could come to an agreement. The condo 1308 was very beautiful the view was great! Then it's spring break and my 17 year old sister had 6 friends with her so there were quite a few people that knew our condo number and last name apparently thats all you need to get a key to our room! Because of this quite a few things ended up missing from our room! Including a wallet. I went to front desk and expressed not to give out any more keys, it wasn't two hours later they gave another key to the girl I believe took the items from our room how is that right!!! Will not stay here again and we vacation to panama every year!

Room Tip: The room was great it was the front desk that was horrible!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Dawn K
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I talked to you about this while you were at the Resort and thought that the matter had been taken care of to your satisfaction. If you want to discuss this further please contact me at 850-249-1244
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was required to pay a damage waiver of $40.00. I am a 52 year old male and stayed in the unit 4 or the 5 days alone. They claimed I damaged the carpet for a charge of $90.00. We did not damage the carpet and the charge was only discoveded on my statement. If we had damaged the carpet the damage waiver should cover it. I believe they go out of their way to collect hidden fees. If you stay here, photograph you room, walls, carpet, cabinets, appliances and note in writing any possible damage. Otherwise, you are liable and they will charge you without notification regardless if you pay a damage waiver. This is horrible and unforgivable business practaces.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
11 Thank Charles G
Our units are inspected for damages after every guest checks out. As stated on the registration card and signed by every guest the damage waiver fee covers accidental damages and must be reported before check out.
Brazil, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My Granddaughter and her friends stayed at this resort during Spring Break from 03/09/2013 till 03/16/2013. Upon check-in they were required to pay a $500 deposit before they could check in. I put the cost of the room on my credit card for them which was over $1100. They were to get the deposit back upon checkout as long as there were no damages or extra charges. When they checked out they were told the deposit would be mailed to them. Today is the 27th of March, 11 days after check out and I spoke with the front desk person and was told "Our accountants are working diligently to get them mailed out, but this one has not been mailed." I inquired if there was any reason they would not be sending it, and was told no it is just because they are so busy. I feel these girls held up their end of the bargain, but the resort is not following through on their end. I asked to speak with Management and was told he would transfer me, but he was assured they would not pick up. I understand it is Spring Break, but I for one would never stay at any resort who can't follow up in a timely fashion. I will be paying an interest fee on my credit card bill due to this delay--what compensation will be given to us for our delay?????? Poorly managed resort.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Janice C
Please feel free to contact me at 850-249-1244 ext. 2 , I like to talk to you about this.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel gave us problems from the beginning of our trip. The check in took forever, there front desk wasn't very helpful and after staying in their hotel for 3 days they evicted our group due to their plumbing. The toilet in the room flooded and we came back to a bathroom full of water. We poured the water onto the deck and small bits of toilet paper and dribbles of water dropped off our balcony. This incident got us evicted. The hotel security was very rude to us and wouldn't listen to our story. All they did was scream profanities and threaten us, very unprofessional. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good vacation in Panama City. There location is awfully far from everything on the strip and their the most unprofessional hotel I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed March 2013
14 Thank Ryant12325382
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. WE strive to exceed our guest expectations from the moment they arrive through departure. Unfortunately there can be small delays during the busy Spring Break Season. Our management responds to guest call with plumbing as quickly as possible. When we arrived at your unit it was not a plumbing issue it was an illegal act a member of your party was preforming on the balcony that caused you to be evicted from the resort.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

First let me identify myself as a 51 yr old male, with 2 HS teenage daughters. I have been coming to the Florida Panhandle on Spring Break since the early 2000's.

Second, let me say physically Grand Panama is a beautiful well taken care of resort. The room was clean, the beach clean. The view outstanding. The design of parking garage was a little tight. I drove down in a full size pick up truck. Very difficult to maneuver around garage.

All of that being said, the all night partying and screaming, for the heck of screaming, got a little over bearing during our stay. I can appreciate a good party like the next guy, as long as you aren't destroying property or being a nuisance to those around you. To the credit of Grand Panama Mgt, they did address complaints, from several tenants, and the guilty parties, were ejected.

So, if you are a College student looking for a place to party and do the whole Spring Break thing, then you are in the right place.

If you are a 40+ yr old, married with kids yuppie, looking for a place to relax and enjoy beach, proceed with caution. Next year I am going back to the condo in West PCB that I have stayed in last 3 years. The Spring Breakers were never a problem until now.

• Stayed March 2013
8 Thank Postalsaint
Thank you for the nice comments you provided about our resort. I'm sorry you had a bad experience during Spring Break and ask that you come back and try our resort again. If you decide to come back please contact and I will ensure that you are taken care of as a returning guest. 850-249-1244 ext. 2
Midwest
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a short weekend stay with relatives who were renting a Grand Panama Condo for two months in the winter. Their unit was a two bedroom/two bath on the ocean side. It also includes two bunk beds so the unit could sleep 6 - however the condo is not really large and 6 people would be very cramped as the living room really only sits 4 comfortably. The unit was nicely decorated and furnished. Kitchen is all stainless and granite counters. We have previously stayed at Aqua and this condo is of comparable quality.

We did not interact with any of the staff. However, the hot tub and pool on the fifth floor roof of the non-ocean tower were both warm enough for winter swimming. The grounds on the ocean side are well-maintained. All in all, this condo appears to be fairly new and one of the nicer condos on PC Beach.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bjandljtravels
Thank you for the nice review you provided. We are glad you had a good vacation with us and hope that you will return in the future.