“Great Server”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our newly designed 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and our more intimate Mermaid Room offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. If you are in the mood for Maine Lobster, you can choose your own from our live lobster tank. After dinner, order a drink or two and have some fun at the beach's only piano bar featuring Michael Rorah
“Great Server”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We came during bike week so I believe the atmosphere was a little different than normal. Food was good, people were nice, but the entire visit was made better by our server Warren. He was awesome! I suggest if you visit you ask for him.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Warren is awesome! We couldn't agree more! The only thing that makes a great dinner even better is having great service, and I'm glad we were able to provide you with that. Thank you for your review, and for dining with us. It will be our pleasure to serve you again!

Muskego, WI
“Fantastic Food, Drinks, and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have four children (ages 2-8) and were vacationing in PCB for the week. My parents were in town and said they would watch the kids for us to have a date night. Someone suggested SWG, and we were not disappointed! All of the staff were very friendly!

We waited about 45 minutes for a table around 5:45 pm on a Thursday night. We spent the time at the bar enjoying the $5 martinis. I had the Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini and my husband had the Electric Lemonade Martini. They were both fabulous! He also had the White Chocolate Martini, and he enjoyed that one as well.

I haven’t had fish in probably ten years, but was looking forward to trying it again. Our waiter, Jak (I think), was super helpful in pointing me towards the perfect selection for me. I ended up ordering the Scamp Filet with the Pineapple/Mango Salsa. I had a house salad, asparagus, and french fries with it. It was all amazing!

My husband had the Red Snapper Filet with the beef vegetable soup, green beans, and mashed potatoes. He said his fish was “outstanding,” as well as the rest of his food!

It was a dining experience we will not forget any time soon! If we are back in PCB in the future, we will be back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BethWI
Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Date night! It's always great to have a grown-up night out away from the kiddos! I'm so glad you selected Saltwater Grill! Both our Scamp and Red Snapper, as well as our Grouper, are cut fresh each and every day by our Executive Chef, Rob Burgess. Chef Rob inspects each and every whole fish to assure quality and freshness. The Scamp is always an excellent choice - it's a locals favorite as well! Thank you for dining with us, and for your TripAdvisor review! Please come and dine with us again!
Hickory, North Carolina
“So-so meal”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We were there early, one in our party got the early bird prime rib and loved it. The early bird need medallions, not so much. One plate of a grilled scamp was good, one plate not quite cooked through. Dessert sampler was good. This meal was a little overpriced for the value, even with early bird specials. The aquarium gives good atmosphere, but not many tables can actually see it from where they sit.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you considered your experience with us "so-so". I do apologize for the under cooked Scamp. You didn't mention it, but I do hope that you let one of our staff members know, as we will happily correct any issues immediately. Our restaurant seats around 225 guests at one time, and of that, nearly 75% of the seats have some sort of view of our 25,000 gallon aquarium. Of course, some seats do have a better view than others. If you call ahead and request one of those tables, we will do our very best to oblige. As I'm sure you can imagine, these tables are VERY popular. and tend to be reserved in advance. I do hope that you would dine with us again, and I thank you for your review.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to escape and have a dinner here. we were definitely not disappointed. I had the prime rib, which was delicious, and my wife had the mixed grill which was also delicious! If you are lucky enough to have Robert as your server you will have a great experience!

1 Thank roliks
Thank you for dining with us! The Mixed Grill is a great choice, with the great variety offered on that dish. It is a newer entree, so I'm glad to hear it was a hit! And of course, you can never go wrong with our slow roasted prime rib! Melts in your mouth! Robert is one of a kind, and provides excellent service to our guests. I am glad you agree! Thank you for the review!
Biloxi, Mississippi
“My favorite "early bird" specials... Go at 5 pm to save $”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I LOVE THIS PLACE. If you want to experience excellent fine dining food without the high prices, just arrive around 5 pm. They have $5 drink specials. I had the spring breeze. It had champagne and peach schnapps and something else I can't remember. Wonderful. $5 appetizers. I had the calamari and it was enough for the three of us! My sister ordered fried green tomatoes. there were four of them and they were very tasty. They had about five or six entrees to choose from. The prime rib and the beef medallions were excellent choices. The pasta with grouper and some other fish was okay. I think it would have been better with shrimp instead of fish. My own personal taste. Bread in basket..... wonderful. For dessert we had crème brulee and key lime pie. Both were tasty. Ask to sit near the saltwater aquarium. Lovely atmosphere. Service was excellent. Our second visit. Both were awesome!!!

• Visited April 2014
Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so very much for dining with us again. Our Early Dinner specials are a great deal, with six entrees priced at just $14.99 each, as well as $4.99 appetizers, $3.50 desserts and an awesome Happy Hour! I'm so glad to know you enjoyed your food and service! We will look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you your TripAdvisor post!