“Such a great place to eat!”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our newly designed 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and our more intimate Mermaid Room offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. If you are in the mood for Maine Lobster, you can choose your own from our live lobster tank. After dinner, order a drink or two and have some fun at the beach's only piano bar featuring Michael Rorah
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We heard many people recommending this place at the condo we were at so we decided to try it. We'll it was as good as everyone said. We started with the lobster roll with spicy sauce. It came cut into 4 pieces so we could share even if we had a table for 4. Lots of lobster and great flavor. I had the prime rib, melt in your mouth delisheness. My husband had the seafood bake. It had shrimp, scallops in a creamy tomato vodka sauce over pene pasta, enough to take some home for a leftover lunch. We shared the chocolate cream brûlée. It would of been rude to lick the bowl...need I say more, so good. Our meal came to about $85 for everything. The restaurant is casual but some people were dressed up. The giant fish tank is a must see. We would go back.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I'm glad you decided to give us try! Our lobster spring rolls are a great way to start any evening! They are prepared fresh daily by our fabulous kitchen staff! We are well known for our delicious Prime Rib! I'm glad you enjoyed that as well as our Penne a la Vodka! Both are always a big hit with guests! And no trip to Saltwater Grill would be complete without sampling one of our mouth watering homemade desserts! Creme brulee is a staff favorite as well, and YES, we want to lick the bowl too! Thank you so very much for dining with us, and for the great review! We'll see you next time!

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Grill

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had made a reservation for 4:45 and were not seated until 5:10. What's the point in making a reservation if we had to wait? The service was really slow too once we had ordered. Our waitress brought out our bread and then we waited and waited for our salads. They were iceberg lettuce salads for goodness sake, not some elaborate salad. Then we waited again for our meals. I had the prime rib. Not too much flavor. I'm more used to prime rib rubbed with some spices. My husband had the stuffed chicken. He liked his meal. Our meals were early bird specials so for the price, they were okay. I'm glad we didn't pay more for them. I really wouldn't go back when there are so many other good restaurants in the area. Our waitress was great.

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry if there was some confusion when you arrived, but do not take reservations; we do "Call Ahead Seating". This cuts your wait time in half, but does not guarantee immediate seating upon arrival. Generally around the 4:30 to 5:00 hours, we are already on a wait, as many diners, like yourself, want to take advantage of our fantastic $14.99 Early Bird Specials. Our salads are cut fresh daily, using six different types of lettuce, not just iceburg. I'm sorry to know you did not enjoy the salad or your Prime Rib. However, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your service, and would hope that you would visit us again and to allow us another opportunity to serve you. I thank you for joining us, and for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We came a little early and got to take advantage of the early bird special. What a wonderful experience--great salad, fantastic bread and great entrees. The waitress was great, attentive and fun, as well as full of information. our only complaint, which we did not share, was the drink my husband ordered requesting a specific whiskey--it was so bad he could not drink it. The house wine was very good.

Thank you for joining us! We do offer a great Early Bird menu, featuring six different entrees priced at just $14.99 each! And with each dinner including a soup or salad, entree, vegetable, choice of starch and freshly baked bread, it's a deal that just can't be beat! Thank you for mentioning your service! Our servers worked extremely hard to give each and every diner a truly memorable dining experience! I do apologize for your husbands drink! We will definitely get it right next time! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Four of us had a 5:15 reservation on a Wednesday night. When we arrived the parking lot was full and the lobby area was full. We were told by the hostess that calling ahead saves half the time of walking in and there would still be a 20 minute wait....then why did we make a reservation???? Beau was our server and she did a fine job. The bread is wonderful. Our son-in-law and I were leaning toward the Mahi Mahi early bird special but Beau recommend the Scamp....a local fish that is not always in season. It came grilled and had VERY little seasoning....not something I would order again for $25 as the taste was bland and the portion was small. My wife had grilled shrimp and she thought they were good but nothing exceptional. Our daughter had Chicken Picatta and she thought it was the best she had ever eaten....very moist and flavorful. The bill was not outlandish for an upscale restaurant ($110) as we all had water to drink and no appetizers. Would I go back again....probably not as I can enjoy an equally good meal for less money at "hole in the wall" restaurant.

Thank you for your post. We are very proud to have Beau as a member of our Saltwater Grill family. She takes great pride in her work, and I'm glad to know she took good care of you! As you mentioned, you took advantage of our "Call Ahead Seating", which does cut your wait time in half. This time of the year, Early Diners, like yourself, are the bulk of our business, so a normal wait time around 5:00 can be as much as an hour. With your wait being 20 minutes, this put you 40 minute ahead of guests who did not take advantage of this feature. I'm very surprised and very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Scamp. I can honestly say in all the years I've managed the restaurant, I have never had a single complaint on Scamp. Perhaps we were having an off day? I do hope you mentioned this to our one of our two dining room managers, as we always make every effort to assure each and every guest is satisfied. I would hope that you would join us again and give us another opportunity to wow you. Thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

First off, make a reservation. Use trip advisor or their website. We had a reservation for 5pm no problem, by 6 the place was packed and joint was jumpin. Each item we ordered was delicious. Lobster bisque, stuffed mushroom w crabmeat, crusted salmon was moist and succulent. Much more to choose from, fresh local fish. They have a 25000 gallon fish tank which really is interesting to watch, but the main event is their service and food accompanied by the piano bar maestro.