“First Experience there was fantastic!”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our newly designed 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and our more intimate Mermaid Room offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. If you are in the mood for Maine Lobster, you can choose your own from our live lobster tank. After dinner, order a drink or two and have some fun at the beach's only piano bar featuring Michael Rorah
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We diverted to this restaurant when the two other places we tried were either too busy or closed for the season. I had remembered some great reviews about the Saltwater Grill, so we pulled in to what looked like a packed parking lot.

We were seated immediately and our server, Warren, greeted us promptly. He was very knowledgeable about the menu items and very receptive and responsive to our questions. We ordered the Firecracker Shrimp appetizer based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. It was so good my son ordered a second helping as his entree.

The food and drinks were unbelievable. Cooked perfectly, with good flavor, but not overpowering. What really impressed me most was how the entire staff helped each other out, filling glasses or delivering food if you server was with another table. It kept everything good and the food arrived hot and fresh from the kitchen. We were dressed in jeans and athletic clothes and were seated next to posh clientele in suits and evening dresses. We got the same attention and service as them. Next to us was a family with a young child, like us, obviously on vacation, and they were served with the same courtesy and attention also.

I will recommend this restaurant, and our superb server, Warren, to anyone who is heading to Panama City Beach. A+

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you! We are very proud to have Warren as a member of our staff! I am so pleased to know he took such good care of you! We work very hard on our teamwork to let each and every guest know how important they are to us! I hope your first visit won't be your last, as it will be our great pleasure to have you join us again. Please call ahead and we will do our best to assure that Warren will be your server again. Many thanks!

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Grill

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We make sure we get to SWG everytime we are in PCB. Fish is always cooked perfectly and the sauces are amazing. Get there early and the early bird specials are great. Had a perfectly cooked steak for myself and my son. Kids food comes out early which is perfect with a 2 year old in the group!
Great place to eat! Our server Jak was great, very good salesman...which I always appreciate a person who cares about there job and their customers!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I decided at the spur of the moment to eat at The Saltwater Grill. I am so glad that we ate here. We made reservations 45 minutes prior to opening hours, and were seated immediately upon arrival. The calamari appetizer was delicious, even the children ate it. All of the veggies in the greek salad was fresh. The redfish etouffe that came with mildly spicy rice and fried green tomatoes was scrumptious. The family member who ordered the prime rib stated that it was flavorful and tender. The servings was moderate to large. Our waitress was very helpful. We were seated in a good location, not in a high traffic area. The manager came to our table to make sure that we were enjoying our meal. The saltwater aquarium is beautiful!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our first visit to Saltwater Grill will be the first of many.
The dining room was full on Christmas Eve at 6pm, with many locals recognized.
The menu is extensive featuring local seafood and the wine list, notable.

We opted for the beef tenderloin and prime rib, both cooked perfectly, tender and flavorful.
The service was excellent and our server was attentive to our every need.
The 25,000 gallon aquarium creates a tranquil atmosphere. Next visit we will ask to be seated in the Mermaid Room or Piano Bar to listen to Michael Rorah's music.

1  Thank panamanorth
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We arrived in PCB last night for a winter stay. As usual one of our first stops is the Saltwater Grill. We went with another couple from our villas and were personally met by Trish the manager of the restaurant. Her friendly greeting makes us feel at home and we were quickly seated although the place was quite busy on a Saturday night with a couple large events. We were served by an awesome waiter mentioned before in trip advisor named Robert. The fact that is my name as well did not sway my opinion. I and my friends wife had the maui maui while my wife and friend had the the tenderloin and prime rib. as always the service and the food was excellent. My wife finished off with their signature key lime pie, always a favourite.
since we will be here in PCB until April, this was the first of many visits to come over the next few months. Great job folks.