“Excellent Early Bird Specials and Service in Panama City Beach!”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our newly designed 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and our more intimate Mermaid Room offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. If you are in the mood for Maine Lobster, you can choose your own from our live lobster tank. After dinner, order a drink or two and have some fun at the beach's only piano bar featuring Michael Rorah
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We looked on the website for this location and thought we read the early bird specials were until 6:30 pm so we called ahead for a table and arrived with about around 5:20 thinking the specials were until 6:30 and found out 5:30 was the time you had to be seat. We started out a bit disapponted because we still had a 20 minute wait but went to the bar where they had no seats and finally got a drink (after squeezing in) but he's the tip for you: you can sit at the piano bar area where there are about 8 seats. If you sit there a waitress can serve you drinks. When a waitress approached us to tell us this she also offered we could eat there which we decided to do and actually made it in time for the specials. The waitress (Marie) made our trip more pleasurable as she was very attentive and answered any questions we had.

We ordered the beef medallions and seafood in a puffed pastry (included tuna and scallops) with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes as sides. We had a spicy shrimp appetizer, I had a cup of lobster bisque (for an upcharge I would gladly pay again) and my husband had salad. We were so full by the time for dessert we split a piece of key lime pie and it was just right.

The food was prepared very well and came out hot. The best thing was the service. We did eat at the piano bar and the waitress said that area can get very loud so I would only recommend eating over there early or if you don't mind the piano instead of quiet conversation. I am sure it would be fun too.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

I am so pleased to know that Mari took such good care of you! The piano rail is a great place to sit and wait for a table, or even dine! And for future visits, if you check in with us prior to 5:30 and we are on a wait, we will gladly extend the Early Dining menu to you as well as our regular dinner menu! Summer can be a very busy time, so we do suggest call ahead seating! While it is not a guaranteed reservation time, it will cut your wait time in half! Thank you so much for the great review! It will be our pleasure to serve you again!

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Grill

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food was very well prepared and served nicely. It tasted very good too, it just was not a $125.00 dinner for 3, two adults and 1 eight year old. Too high priced. I would not go again.

Thank you for dining with us! We also offer an Early Dining Menu each evening, with six entrees priced at just $14.99! This menu also includes $4.99 appetizers as well as discounted Early Dining desserts, which you may find a little more budget friendly! Thank you for your TripAdvisor post.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I tried to make reservations for each day I was in town and was unable to get a decent dinner hour reserved. I did not eat there so I can't review the food but the location is in a good area and I did look at the menu which seemed to offer alot of choices.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your post. If you are unable to make reservations online, please call us directly at the restaurant, and we will find a way to accommodate you group. I am so sorry you did not have the chance to dine with us on this trip, but please do call us next time and we will be more than happy to assist you with a table. Thank you!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had no reservations and only had to wait about 35 minutes. My husband ordered scallops and I had lobster (the lobster was a little chey but not many places can prepare a mouth watering lobster), it had good flavor though. Our waitress Jordan was the best, very pleasant and enjoyed talking with her. Then we had the sampler for dessert which was awesome. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. We will be back even though it is a little pricey.

Great call on ordering the dessert sampler! It gives you the opportunity to try several of our great homemade desserts all at once! We also appreciate you mentioning your server, Jordan. Great service only complements a meal, and I am so pleased to know that you were well taken care of. We so appreciate you dining with us, and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! Many thanks, and come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Yesterday evening my family ate here for the fourth time at this delicious restaurant. This was our second time this week. Whether you order from the early menu or from the main menu, all food is great and plentiful. I had the grilled Day Boat Red Snapper which is a large portion of fish, accompanied by a nice fresh salad, fresh hot bread with butter, green beans with red bell peppers, and a baked potato. The food is so much that I had no room for dessert. My family had the prime rib, chicken stuffed with crab meat, and beef medalions. All food was fresh and made to order. All of us were completely satisified and the service was exceptional. We will return on our next trip to the beach. Make sure that you try the Greek Salad and enjoy the freshness of the unique creation. P.S. The locals love this place, so make reservations and enjoy!

All I can say is THANK YOU for not only dining with us twice in a week, but also for the great TripAdvisor review! I couldn't be more pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your evening with us! And thank you so much for mentioning that all of our food is made to order - we think the difference shows and I'm glad you did too! It will be our great pleasure to serve you again.