“Satisfied Party of 8”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both sides of our restaurant offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. Grab a drink at our newly designed bar and hang out friends.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here two days ago! The Early Bird specials are awesome. In fact, I've always enjoyed eating here. The little ones will enjoy the cool fish swimming by. Great restaurant. Yummy key lime pie and creme brûlée.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you! Our Key Lime pie and Creme Brulee are homemade right here at Saltwater Grill, and both are offered in a petite size on our Early Bird Menu! The Early Bird is a great value, with six different entrees priced at just $14.99 each! Glad to hear it was a hit with your group! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor - please join us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,142)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently I went to both Saltwater and Firefly in Panama City Beach on back to back nights with my family. I had crab cakes and tuna in both places, and while both were good, Saltwater was much better. Saltwater's crab cakes were fresh, deliciously crispy/grilled with a wonderful sauce, while firefly's was your basic crab cakes, kind of mushy and severed with a white sauce and a fruit relish garnish. My tuna at Saltwater's was amongst the best I've had - rare and very RED, and it came with a magnificent sesame sauce and ginger. In fact when the saltwater waiter ask if all was ok and I hinted at the desire for additional ginger, a complementary additional side was rushed out to my table. I should also say that our saltwater waiter was top notch too - not too obtrusive, but yet we never waited on anything. In contrast I knew I was in trouble when my Firefly tuna that was suppose to be rare came more medium, required a knife to cut (fresh?), and was severed with the exact same white sauce and fruit relish garnish as their crab cakes. The rest of my party had ribeye steak at Saltwater's which amazing too, and all this was topped off by (my wife's favorite part) a chocolate creme brûlée! At firefly, the rest of my party started with salads (you know the kind that gets picked out of the weeds - which we complained about but the waitress did nothing), and then went for their specialty pizza which was ok. Desert at firefly's was good, but again it wasn't as good as Saltwater's. Prices at both places were similar, and in firefly's defense, they did have a superior wine list. Bottom line is the Saltwater gets 5 stars (and we'll go back for sure), and Firefly gets only 3 stars and a one time visit.

2  Thank indybud

Thank you so much for sharing your dining experience with us. We pride ourselves on serving only the very freshest seafood the Gulf of Mexico has to offer, so I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your fresh tuna! Our servers work very diligently to provide excellent service, so I am also pleased to hear how outstanding your server was! And I'm with your wife on the Creme Brulee! Always a great way to top off a great dinner! It is our pleasure to serve you, and we will look forward to having that opportunity again! Thank you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review - we appreciate you!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Celebrated a birthday with great food and great service. The aquarium in entrance is awesome, what a beautiful to start dinner. Reservations are important as this is a busy restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank BigMarine
Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you! We are very proud of our 25,000 saltwater aquarium! It houses over 200 tropical fish to view as you dine. I appreciate you celebrating your birthday with us, and thank you for the TripAdvisor review! Please dine with us again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The fish was fresh and grilled to perfection. My wife's steak was juicy, tender and done just as she likes it. Waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2013

We appreciate you dining with us, and for the great TripAdvisor review. We do pride ourselves on serving the freshest fish! All of our Grouper, Scamp and Snapper are cut fresh in house daily! I am glad you both enjoyed the evening with us. See you next time!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Totally awesome experience . Drinks first before 6:30 were well worth it. No compromise on the happy hour. Beau our server was the most smiling and attentive person. Our meals were the grouper for my wife and prime rib for myself. Both were served with the vegetable of the day ( string beans) that were the best prepared. Meals both were prepared as ordered and presented perfectly. Although not a major bearing but worth commenting that reviews were important in our decision to eat there being our 30th anniversary. We had our best meal and company in a long time . Thanks for all and we'll be back! Don't miss this great restaurant . Dave F.
P.s. pricing was below what other chain and tourist trap joints. In comparison. Zero dinner issues!!!

1  Thank Davejayf

Happy Anniversary! We truly appreciate you spending such a special occasion with us! I am so pleased that everything was just right for your 30th anniversary dinner, and that you enjoyed Beau's service! Thank you for your review, and it will be our pleasure to serve you again soon!