“Not what we expected.”
Review of Sterling Breeze

Sterling Breeze
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We read reviews for our specific unit on the Southern Vacation Rentals website and thought we had found a great place! This wasn't the case. We loved the pool and the location, but the room was really not up to par. The room was not very clean, the carpets were sticky and there were several maintenance issues (broken toilet seat, leak, broken blender, and broken grill). We didn't even have enough sheets or pillows for the beds in our condo...did anyone walk this prior to our check in? I did call and complain and "most" of the items were fixed, but at that point we were already feeling negatively about our experience. If you want a clean and well maintained room for your money, I would rent elsewhere. We will not return to Sterling Breeze after what we experienced. It is a shame that the management doesn't care more...this could be a great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BWJ08

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at Sterling Breeze July 21-26, 2011. For the amount of money we paid, I really expected more. The room was nice but nothing spectacular. I will say that the floor plan was good in our room with master bed/bath towards the front with the balcony access, 2nd bedroom and 2nd bath just behind it, 3rd full bathroom just across the hall from the bed and then down a hallway was the room with 4 bunk beds. The kitchen did have nice appliances, plates, bowls, etc and there were a few baking dishes, large bowls, etc. I did miss seeing a pizza cutter which would have been handy for our two teenagers when they fixed a frozen pizza. The negatives that I saw were only 2 elevators for a building that size. The wait time was almost always long and the first evening one of the elevators broke down .. . . . so packing a week's worth of groceries up was not fun. I heard comments from many guests regarding poor elevator service. They offered "unlimited" DVD rentals but the machine was locked behind the office doorway so when the office was not open, like 9:30 PM, my sons could not exchange their viewed DVD for a new one. The internet access in room was very limited. It was not wireless in room and only 1 of the 5 plug ins actually worked for DSL. IMO there are places to stay in PCB that are very comparable in quality, design, beach access, amenities, etc and will cost a lot less money per night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Do not stay at Sterling Breeze Resort. They do not know what they are doing. Parking is across the street. Luggage carts are hard to find if not impossible to locate. Cars are left abandoned in the small 1 way drop off area and it took us 2 hours to get our luggage to our condo. Asked front desk for assistance and they stated they could not help me and gave me a card and stated to call the operations manager who did not answer the phone. Reported dirty carpet, running toilet and dirty shower to maintenance. They were supposed to be there at 9:00 a.m. so we vacated. Returned from beach at 12:30 and was in the process of taking a shower, maintenance guy never knocks and walks right in and catches us completely undressed. Called to complain and was given late check out for our inconvenience. Day of departure called to verify late check out and still at 10:30 a.m. maids came barging in and never knocked caught us completed undressed again. We asked them to leave and they stated no condo needed to be cleaned and they were coming in anyway. Called again to complain. No restitution given just weak apology.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dhayslip
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Poorly designed development. Small pool deck for the building size with limited seating around the pool, hot tub jets did not work at the end of our stay, parking across the street (not disclosed), no loading/unloading zone for luggage, extremely low water pressure. The water pressure was so low at one point we had to pour water in the toilet tank with a pitcher in order to get it to flush, it took forever for a load of clothes to wash, and it was difficult to take a shower. Limited linens (our condo was advertised to sleep 10, we were given 6 wash cloths and 12 towels). No soap dish in the shower, had to store my bar of soap on the shower floor. The advertised grill on the balcony did not work. I could go on and on. My advice would be to take your hard earned vacation dollar to another development.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank georgiamom34806
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Sterling Breeze is a great property - hands down, We've stayed in plenty of hotels and condos in PCB and this is one of the nicest. It's great to be on the "quiet" end of the beach, so close to Pier Park and with easy access to PCB Pkwy (you may know it as Back Beach Rd.) and Hwy 79 it's easy to get to the airport and a short drive over to Thomas Drive and to the big WalMart.
The rooms are fantastic. We've stayed in a two-bedroom and a three-bedroom and both were great. The three-bedroom with its third bedroom "suite" provides plenty of privacy. The bunk room is great for the kids.
The decor is great -- understated and not some of the kaleidoscopic audacious overkill we've found at other places.
I've never heard sounds from neighboring units (above, below or sideways).
The beach is wonderful (after all, it's PCB) and the pool is really nice.
Now a couple of criticisms. On a previous trip we were running low on toilet paper. The front desk person begrudgingly provided a single roll and said it's up to the patrons to replace their toilet paper and trash bags. That's pretty cheap for a place that's really kind of expensive. I'd expect a reputable place that charges $200-$400 a night to at least provide toilet paper. This latest time we brought a 4-pack with us.
The pool, although very nice can be a bit crowded at times, especially in the busy season. Same goes for the hot tub. Although to be fair, the crowded times were far outnumbered by the times when there were very few people in the pool.
The front desk seems to run of bankers hours - I believe it closes at 5pm. Again, for a place that is not inexpensive, that seems like a big slight in the customer service category.
Will we stay at Sterling Breeze again? Yes. Will we continue our quest for the 'perfect' vacation property? Yes. Sterling Breeze comes close, but it misses by a roll of toilet paper.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank flymeawayyyyyy
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This place is the best! I have absolutely no complaints. I don't think the pictures capture just how beautiful this place is. SO comfortable that I didn't want to leave.The condo was great and nicely decorated. Had 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.a The ocean view was beautiful. The condo included everything you could ever need on vacation. The gym area had pretty good equipment and the pool and hot tub was nice. Pier Park was just a short walk away and we had a blast there as well. Nightlife here is pretty cool and there is always something to do during the day. We will definitely be returning for a second vacation.

Room Tip: If you book for 6 nights the 7th night is free.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Quetique
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have stayed in condos all along the Florida Panhandle. When you really get down to it, a lot of these condos are all about the same. Some might have this extra or that extra (tennis courts, golf packages...etc) For some people it's al about location, location, location. Some condos may not be as well kept as others, but all about the same. Find one with the things that you want and go with it. All I want is a condo on the beach with a view of the beach and a hotel pool. Sterling Breeze is one of the few condos with a bbq grill on each and every balcony. That is that little something extra that I would use and use a LOT. Its proximity to Shopping and dining make SB the perfect spot fpr me. This is my 2nd year staying here. I love it so much I probably will be returning Sterling Breeze for years to come!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family