“Wyndam staff was very disapointing, and rude.”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Well when you plan for a week get away from your stressful jobs, and expect high quality of the Wyndham, prepare for disapointment. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. HOWEVER, the website for the hotel is misleading in saying there a resturant on site, a massage/spa like experience available to you, consierge,gym and a sky bar. After driving 7 hrs to get there my husband and I wanted to book a massage, surprise! No spa or massuse available. Asked the consierge to book reservations for Margaritaville, we went and surprise Wyndham consierge didn't do it -had to wait. The sky bar was open once during the week and the bartender at the pool was the rudest I have ever dealt with, from ignoring my husband and I, to asking for our Id's after she had served us all day (I'm almost 30 and she should have carded in the beginning) and refused to return our money.I didn't want my drink now b/c of her pissy attitude and I was livid. Overall I was really disapointed in the staff they seemed bothered and rude when you asked for something and always cut me off. The cleaning supplies in the room were inadequte sorry, I like to disinfect after I'm done cooking.Also they advertise a gym, there was no gym. The only good thing was the beach was stunning and we brought our own liqour. Don't do the boat tours to see the dolphins on shell island, no shells, seriously there weren't and not one dolphin sighting. And if you want to sit in a chair on the beach get ready to shell over 40 bucks a day. I absolutely would not come back here. When I shell out alot of money to stay some where I expect to be treated with respect. The staff really left an ugly impression with me. Overall Disapointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carebear1983
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach

Reviewed April 22, 2010

We rented a deluxe king one bedroom upper unit and we were given a 2nd floor unit right above the pool. The bedroom wall was on the street side and the walls were paper thin. When we arrived, the pool was full of screaming and whining kids. The front desk said they did not have any other room available, although, my Aunt was given a room on the 7th floor and the hotel was only about 1/2 full from the number of available parking spaces and the empty pool and beach chairs. All of the hotels were nearly vacant when we were there since it was after spring break in the middle of the week. To make matters worse, on wednesday night they have movie dive in - where they show a movie at the pool. The staff were not accomodating and we left a day early. That is the last time I will stay at a Wyndham and I would definitely not purchase one of their vacation time shares.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karluk_10
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We are Wyndham owners and this was our first visit to Panama City location. We are scheduled to return twice this year! Room was very nice with a fabulous view! I would definately reccommend

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank armyfamily1
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Overall not too bad of a trip. what they say about the parking deck is true.. it is a pain to park and go to your room. We were on the 14th floor and it was frustrating to park and take multiple elevators & stairs/escalators to get to the room. I got my deal off ebay, and he was a VIP member, but we still couldnt check in till 4, which was a tad annoying. The room was nice, great view, we had the 1 bedroom with bunks in the hallway. Nice kitchen and internet, they provide a cord for you. No indoor pool, but there are several outdoor pools and hottubs. Beds were comfortable, towels were good, and kitchen had everything we needed to cook. Wasnt a fan of the pullout couch or the couch in general, but we didnt need it so it wasnt a problem (even though we did pull it out to lay on it) Would recommend having one of the employees help you to your room with the luggage cart while your spouse/friend parks the vehicle. This location is on the 'strip' but not the crazy part.. not too far from Pier park and overall good area of Panama.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Kelsey K
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We were pleased with our accomodations which were very spacious and comfortable.
All the rooms from a studio to a grand suite had a view of the ocean. No exercise room, but one nearby for a fee. The pools are all nice with adjoining hot tubs.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganJamboo
Reviewed December 15, 2009

It has now been 16 frustrating days and several phone calls later and we still do not have my husband's driver license. We have been given 2 different dates it was supposedly mailed. How long does the US Postal Service take to deliver mail from Panama City Beach, Florida to Gainesville, Georgia? The resort is beautiful in an ideal location but the customer service with issues stinks.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank lindagriffin2913
Reviewed November 11, 2009

What's not to like? Check-in was easy, the front desk staff was professional and our unit was ready on time. All units overlook the beach and Gulf of Mexico and have a balcony to enhance the view, there is a heated pool and hot tub on the beach side and additional pools on the parking deck side (but not heated). Several large beach towels were provided in the unit. We stayed n a 2BR unit as a time-share exchange and were able to avoid sitting through a sales presentation by firmly but politely declining the opportunity. Units include a set of built-in bunk beds, which our 4 yr old grandchild thoroughly enjoyed. The units are separated from the parking deck/registration area by Front Beach Rd, which you cross via an overhead/enclosed walkway which also houses a bar/lounge. The walk from the parking garage really isn't a difficult trek and there are elevators/wide corridors to assist anyone with a disability. Because of the distance, I'd recommend using the valet service to unload your car and haul your things to your condo unit--it will be the best $10 you'll spend!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family