“Guard your wallet!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Guard your wallet!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My parents are Wyndham time share owners, and they invited us to go with them. Upon checking in, the pressure started. We were told we had to go through the presentation, so we wouldn't use up my parent's points. Again, we were INVITED! The beach is pretty, and the accommodations are fine, but the phone rang incessantly. They had a "gift" for my parents, which consisted of 2 plastic cups with lids! Of course, they had to come up to the room and give a presentation for my parents to be able to receive them. Whe my dad told them he would like to sell, they could only offer pennies on the dollar. The poor time share lady even felt badly for my dad, and offered to see what she could do if they met the next day. He went at the appointed time, and was told the meeting had been cancelled, and she wasn't available! Someone else told him if he paid thousands of dollars more to upgrade, they could then offer him pennies on the dollar. The rooms don't have WiFi, which is ridiculous. You have to go to the Skybridge or Starbucks. The parking garage is across the street, and their Skybridge smelled like a bad nursing home. Wyndham has gouged my parents so badly that I will never have any respect for any of their facilities. The poor people with the "today is the day" stickers on their shirts have no idea what they're getting into! What a rip!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dlagarde
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We apologize for any frustrations regarding your encounter with our sales staff and some of the resort accommodations. We are always looking to improve our property and your feedback will help us to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Springfield Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The beach and view are what makes this property worthy. The condos are spacious and clean. The area struggles with empty lots, run down buildings and areas on busy roads with no sidewalks. There is a great shopping area close by and many really good restaurants. Again, if you want a great clean beach and can deal with a bit if grubbiness in the area around the resort, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank kentdan1
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and beach view. We hope you come back to stay with us!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This resort is becoming one of my favorite places in Panama City! My husband and stayed in a one bedroom condo again in October. ( we were there in May of this year also) We love the location ,literally steps from the beach and the view from our rooms are fantastic. Breakfast on the balcony every morning watching the waves roll in. Already planning the next trip to this location.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JudyGLondon
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi Judy,

Thank you for providing such great feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the resort accommodations and your unit view. We look forward to your next visit!
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I really liked staying here. This was my first time in Panama City Beach. When we first got the resort the system was down but they gave us our bracelets so we could go to the pool/beach. The grandparents took the children to the pool while my fiancée and I went to the beach. The waters were rough but only because we had a tropical storm a few hundred miles off the coast. Around 4:30 we was able to get into our hotel room(system was still down). Shag carpet in the living room and bedrooms. It was really nice and soft. My fiancee and I stayed in the master bedroom. It was HUGE with a beautiful view of the ocean and balcony access. The master bath was also huge with a 2 person garden tub, stand up shower, double sinks and (obviously) a toilet. We had PLENTY of towels in the master bathroom. When we went out onto the balcony the waves were really loud but I loved it. We was only on the 6th floor but I could not hear the people on the beach or in the pool very much. The sliding glass doors were really great at keep the sound out when shut. Even when it was super windy outside we didn't have to worry about the rain blowing onto the balcony. One of the outdoor chairs did break, because of a loose/stripped screw but luckily we still had 2 more out there. No WIFI, but we have no complaints about that because it was great to be tech-free for a weekend.

We definitely wish there was a light on the balcony but oh well it was still great. The pools are HUGE, one at the back of the resort and the other next to the parking garage. Sand was nice and soft and it was never crowded on the beach. Plenty of seashells to find! The only real issue I had with customer service was that the resort is Wyndham AND Emerald Beach and depending which you were staying with determined which services was available. We need extra towels on Sunday night and was told we had to wait until the Emerald desk was open(which was at 9am). We arrived Saturday afternoon and left Monday morning. I definitely wish we stayed longer. I don't know if we will use Emerald Beach/Wyndham again though just so we can try a different location. But overall satisfied!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room 6th floor or higher to avoid the pool noise. If in Tower 1 use the elevators...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to Wyndham Resorts during the first week of October. The room was wonderful. The deck was wonderful. If I did have a complaint, it would be no Wi-Fi. But there was Ethernet. The people were very very nice. No complaints with the room. I really could not find absolutely anything to complain about. It was the most awesome vacation for me. I would never go during the months of June, July or August. I also would not go during spring breaks, or fall breaks because I don't like the big crowds. And thank Goodness I missed them all. I give them an excellent rating!!!- Thanks to my friends who let me use their room. Totally awesome:) The workout room was wonderful, also.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips. All of the rooms faced the beach:)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tennangel123
Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Wyndham property owner, we are familiar with Wyndham's consistent quality and traveling to their properties are always a pleasure. Our view from the 13th floor was breathtaking. The staff was more than helpful and the concierge gave us excellent recommendations for area restaurants. Especially loved the complimentary valet parking.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at a condo for a week in September. The condo was very clean and nicely kept up, and we had a beautiful view from our fourth floor condo. The pool areas were really nice, but don't forget to wear your arm band b/c they won't let you in without it. Loved all the activities, especially playing bingo at the pool. Just a few cons: our AC made a loud noise at night, but they were quick to come and fix it for us. It is a long complicated walk to get to your car, so don't forget anything at your car! No wifi in any of the condos, which wasn't so bad but it would have been nice.

All in all it is a really nice place to stay, with a beautiful beach. I just prefer low rise condo buildings with just a few floors.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family