“Beach was nice...resort so so”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wyndham has much nicer resorts elsewhere...the service was hit or miss....check in was brutal...the resort has nice rooms, but the rest...not that great. I have stayed nicer places on Panama City Beach. I love Wyndham Vacation Resorts, but won't be returning to this one.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor if possible. Elevators are slow and hot....do not try and check in early...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dougmet

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for a week. Our room was the basic one bedroom with bunk beds in the hallway. While the view was beautiful, the room itself was very basic with little or no decoration or personality. No wifi - only the hardwire connection next to the television in the living room. But I would have preferred it also in the master bedroom so I could work away from the family.

Lots of construction going on the hotel - from time to time an elevator was out, a bathroom was closed, etc..... When we needed to leave one morning for event we had tickets for, we waited over 30 minutes for the valet. Funny that the valet who brought us our car, we actually had passed him in the hallway 30 minutes earlier when walking to the main door as he was standing between the elevator and escalator while texting away on his mobile phone. Don't know if that is what held him up for 30 min but are you really only going to have one valet guy for both sides of the street?

I think there were kids activities but not see any advertisements. On F, S, & Sunday we averaged about 8 to 10 elevators stopping but full before we finally found one empty. We simply hit the up button, jump on an empty one, then rode it all the way up, and then all the way down in a jam-packed elevator stopping on every floor.

Also, the entryway into our room faced the railing and a residential area. If we left our balcony door with the screen only, we found that the wind would just whip through the condo when you open the entryway door. The door is extremely heavy and we did have one scary moment with our four-year old hanging on for dear life and being pushed by the wind into the railing. Our neighbors on both sides had entryway doors that faced another wall and neither had the wind problem we had. When up high, ask for a room where the entryway faces a wall, not the open railing.

Personally I think they have a ways to go. Did not at all live up to the Wynham name.

Room Tip: Hard to explain but the entryway into our room faced the railing and a residential area. If we left...
1  Thank HPW4
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our third consecutive summer staying at this location. They were doing tile work at the exits to the beach????? Not the right time for it in mid-June. They still did not have wi-fi and only one internet connection per room. All rooms are beach front. We did not go to the pool this year because the gulf water was beautiful and calm for the entire stay. Fitness center could have more options and larger; maybe have more than one onsite. Getting onto the property from the west is tricky at times..... lots of traffic.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a nice property that they are trying to keep up to date. However, I couldn't understand why so much construction had to be performed during peak summer months. I think many of these updates could have waited until the Fall or Winter. It started with the tile being completely replaced in the basementbeach entryway and thus denying access to the only bathroom unless you went to the first floor lobby.

The bad apple was a rude security guard. He felt it was his job to make sure you don't enjoy your vacation. He was so rude to my family that other people noticed and came up to me to comment about their unfortunate interaction with the same gentleman.

Other than those two things we had a great time and would probably return if we visit Panama City Beach again.

1  Thank Amy E
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed June 18-22. Everything was great. The rooms were updated and clean. Christopher the front desk supervisor was awesome as was the other employees. They were always friendly and willing to help out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I used to live and work in Panama City Beach so I come back to visit every so often. Two years ago a friend of mine who had a timeshare took me with her and we stayed at this Wyndham in the off season. This year I took my husband back there for his first fathers day 2013. Both times I was equally impressed with the condos. I also appreciated how they gave you a bunch of starter stuff such as laundry detergeant, dish soap, shampoo, and coffee. Both times I stayed on the 23rd floor. Very nice, but I am scared of heights. The oceanside isnt as bad as the balcony walk to the room. We stayed in room 2346.

The only things I found odd or inconvenient was the Skybar was open at inconvenient hours, the printer in the common area was out of paper, when we requested a late check out they gave us an additional hour, but the housecleaning crew kept knocking on our door during that hour to come clean, the elevators and the check in.

You check in on the north side of the street and then go upthe escalator to cross over the sky bridge to get to your hotel (which is a great alternative to crossing the road because traffic is a nightmare for pedestrians during the on season). Once you get to the hotel on the south side there are elevators on both ends. They suggested I use the elevators on the west end because people dont naturally clog up there like they do on the other end. So the real hassle comes really when you are trying to get back to the check in side from your room. You have to take the elevator to the 3rd floor, go around a corner and if youre not paying attention you will miss a door that says stairs. You have to go in that door and walk up a half flight to get to the sky bar/skybridge to get you back across the street. It took me quite a few times to figure this system out.

The beach is beautiful as always, it was very quiet, the employees were very friendly as was valet. I'll keep going back and since I lived in Panama City Beach, and worked in Panama City Beach I can safely say and you can trust this is the best place you will find on the beach so don't hesitate to stay there. They also have pools there and a small but adequate fitness center.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally great. I've stayed in a two bedroom and a one bedroom and they both ha...
2  Thank ckayej
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

It is an average experience, not bad and not great. Just ok. I will say it is safe and family friendly, just not extravagant. The pools are basic and it offers one small bar. You can walk out on the board walk to a bar.

• Stayed: June 2013