“Nice, but noisy and chased down by salespeople”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in many different condo units along emerald coast. This was first one that the master bedroom was along the walkway side of the unit. Couldn't sleep with noisy guests walking to and from their units at all hours of the night. Upstairs neighbor also seemed to like rearranging furniture in the middle of the night. :-(
We were gifted my boss's timeshare points to use anywhere. We chose PCB because resort was directly on the beach, which was nice and beautiful. Unit was extremely clean an well appointed. The unit itself was fine.
Wish we'd known that sales people would chase us down to attend timeshare seminars; may have reconsidered our vacation location.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Q-Z-Sue

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We exchanged our timeshare for a week at the Wyndham on Panama City Beach on 4/6/13 and found it to be a beautiful property. All rooms have an ocean view balcony. I read many Trip Advisor reviews before our trip and found them to be most helpful. We were concerned about the sales pressure that was mentioned in many reviews, but we didn't have any trouble. When we checked in and went to the concierge to get our pool bracelets he invited us to a breakfast the next day to find out how Wyndham's ownership of RCI would affect us. We said we would pass and he asked if the next day just wasn't convenient or if we weren't interested at all. We firmly stated that we weren't interested at all and that was the end of it. Maybe they have read Trip Advisor reviews and taken heed!

We had a Deluxe 1 bedroom on the 5th floor and it was just perfect. The unit was immaculate. I had thought I would want something higher after reading reviews, but this was a perfect location. It was high enough to have a great unobstructed view and given that the elevators can be really slow, we were low enough that we could easily use the stairs. We toured the model Presidential Suite on the 24th floor and found the height to be dizzying and too high to watch activity in the pool area. The view from a unit below the 4th level could possibly be blocked by the Tiki Bar at the pool and perhaps be too noisy and feel less private. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere was wonderful.

We had great meals at Dusty's Oyster Bar just beyond Pier Park which has a really fun atmosphere. We also enjoyed Schooners on the beach near St. Andrews State Park, Sharkey's on the beach just a short walk from the Wyndham and Red Brick Pizza at Pier Park which is just 1.3 miles west on Front Beach Rd. Be sure to drive the few miles west to Laguna Hills and try the doughnuts at Thomas' Snack Bar. We had a wonderful breakfast at Jeannies One Stop Diner in the strip mall next to the Wyndham garage. Be sure to show your Wyndham ID and save 10%. We especially enjoyed walking the beach with morning coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BaystateTravelers
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my first time staying at this Resort and first time staying in Panama City and it was a great "first experience". The Resort in directly on the beach and was very convenient to the Pier Park and many restaurants and shopping stores. My family and I was afforded the opportunity to stay in the Presidential Reserve Suite and I was very pleased with my "2 bedroom apartment". I wish that I could take the kitchen back home with me :) The Suite was very clean and provided everything that I needed with the exception of a oven mitten. However, I didn't need one for my stay at all because I didn't bake anything but if I needed one, the staff at the front desk was more than willing to grant me my request. Both rooms had a view of the Ocean and it was quite breathtaking. We were on the 14th floor and could see the vastness of the Ocean in either direction. I would definitely stay here again when given the opportunity by my very dear friends that allowed me to purchase some of their points to stay in Panama City.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GeorgiaParent
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first experience at this resort. We got an exclusive offer from SMA timeshare with affordable rates. Hotel was clean; rooms were spacious and well maintained. The assets were good. There is a pull out sofa in the living room and the small enclosed area off the bedroom that directs the lake...that is amazing. The services were good. It was close to everything! The staff was very Kind and very cooperative. All of the Staff and workers that you met anywhere on the grounds were very welcoming. The workout room had three treadmills, an elliptical, a Stairmaster, weight machine, free weights and a bench. The activities area for children and adults is spacious.

In Future i would definitely come back to this resort! This is one of the great place to stay while travelling with your family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pattinson P
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was an excellent vacation! The front check in desk was nice. We got the 16th floor but you have to request a higher floor. There is a sunsations shop in ahead of the front desk, a starbucks on-site, and a Skybar. Across the hotel were shops like an express mart, which has a few beach stuff and groceries. There is a shop called Alvin's Island Outlet which has many souvenirs, and another called airbrush. You need to take a trolley to get to Pier Park, if you mind walking! The beach was warm and there were lots of shells if you go from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. There was some noise the first few nights then you get used to it. All rooms have a view of the Gulf Coast. When you enter your room there is also a street view. The room was very clean. There is 1 master bedroom, 2 bunk beds, and a pull out couch. There are 2 full bathrooms a very nice kitchen, a TV, and a dining table. There is a pool and hot tub on the beach, both heated, 2 pools and a hot tub right outside of the lobby, and another on top of the building, which I never see anyone in. To get to your room from the airport, there is a taxi there for you already. To get to the airport, to go home, you need to call a taxi from your room. There are some restaurants down the street and some at Pier Park such as, Panera Bread, Longhorn Steakhouse, Subway, etc. The people that want you to buy their timeshare weren't so annoying. Once they see that you aren't interested they kind of leave you alone. There is also a fitness center, but you must be over 16. The pools are open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. Overall, I had an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Request a room over the 10th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LexiL212
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in staff was nice room was clean and updated but without wifi in the room. Pool area was clean but crowded. Getting from the parking garage to your rooms was a journey. Overall the experience was good not great

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank seabiff
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Wyndham Panama City Beach and loved it! All rooms are Gulf Front so the views are all perfect and the condo is located right in the middle of everything. The Pier park is right down the street. The mall is close by, as well as great restaurants withing walking distance. We stayed during Spring Break and we were a family with tween children. It was a little cold but the pools were heated and the large hot tub was very nice. The beach has the brilliant white sand and like I said the views are the best. We were able to open our sliding glass door and use the screen to listen to waves all night. Loved it! There is a Starbucks on-site and a Sky bar that has delicious drinks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again - already this was our third trip here.

Room Tip: Seriously, even the smallest room has gulf views - they are all great! It just depends on the numbe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family