“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rhode Island
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

We,too,were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. Not to worry - Check in was very easy. We had a great 1 bedroom that was very spacious and we had everything we could have wanted for our comfort. The beach is beautiful - softest sand we have ever seen. Parking was a breeze once you understood just what to do. The first day we used valet parking and after that we parked on the 3rd level of parking garage and walked over the skybridge to our building. Later in the week we found it very easy to park on the lst level and then just walk across street. There are many restaurants within walking distance that are very good. The only negative was they were persistent in wanting us to attend a time share presentation. Having owned 3 timeshares we were not interested in this and found this a bit annoying. All in all a great vacation and we would go back to the Wyndham again. Everyone was very nice and friendly.

3 Thank Mully

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Livermore, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

7:30 AM it starts. It doesn't let up all day long. We have a 3 year old son, and I don't know about you, but after spending a day on the beach, in the sun, running around. A nap at some point in the day sure would be nice. Heck even for my wife and I, a little nap on vacation would be nice. If you agree, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE!!!

The front desk was pretty much nonchalant about our noise complaints. "We're sorry. This is the first we've heard of the noise being too much. They offered to move our room 6 floors above where we were, but were told, "We can move you, but its not going to make the noise any better." Considering what a move would entail, the unpacking all the drawers, repacking, moving, unpacking, you get the point... If the noise isn't going to be any better, why move?

Later that day, a couple in a room not far from us was getting on the elevator, and the woman was bawling! "I can't believe this! I'm going to lose my mind if this keeps going on!" We told them about our experience at the front desk, and found that they had been there twice requesting to be moved and were told, "We haven't heard anyone complain about the noise. I wish we could help." Sound familiar. I'd say 75% of the people we talked to had said they complained and we all got the same response. "Noise? What noise?" I have no doubt they didn't hear anyone complain about the noise, they're probably all deaf, having to work next to the noise every day! Or they just don't care. I'm going with the latter, since they all gave a strong sense of contempt for their patrons.

Never again! This rated as the worst hotel stay of my life. 8 days of hell.

You've been warned.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tedstryker28
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

We have been time share owners for over 25 years and we found this resort to be the friendliest by far. We were there the 2nd week of May so it was not quite so crowded as the summer months. The staff may have had more time to talk and relax, but we're hoping they are always like that. Everyone at the resort went out of their way to be friendly. The oceanfront rooms were wonderful. We were on the 20th floor in a one bedroom. We loved our long balcony. There is a little smell as you come in from the beach which may be fertilizer in the plants but it is just for a brief moment. They will try to talk you into a time share presentation, which we did, but they were not pushy and we enjoyed both restaurants we chose for the $50 gift cards. The rooms are all in one tower and the lobby, parking garage, 2nd pool, and Starbucks are across the street. They are connected by a skywalk which is on the 3rd floor. You do have to go to the 1st floor and take the escalator to the 3rd. We ended up just going out to the street level and walking across there.

We will definitely be going again. We loved the town of St. Andrews and took a very enjoyable ferry ride at sunset on the St. Andrew Bay Ferry. They had lots of neat restaurants there.

We definitely want to go back again soon. Our 5 days ended too soon.

2 Thank springbr00k
MONTROSE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Loved this vacation with Wyndham! The only reason I gave it a 4 star was because the tile was still not clean from the construction. My sister and I determined it was grout haze that was still on the tiles and it made your feet dirty when you walked on it. The other downside was that the master bedroom was street side and with no fault to Wyndham it was hard to sleep the first 2 nights due to a bike rally. (Big boys with their toys throttling all night.) I would not reccomend this time if you want peace and quiet. Other than that it was a terrific place on the 10th floor with a wonderful view of the ocean. The sand and sea where gorgeous. The rooms spacious and the staff a Wyndham were very helpful and accomodating. We loved Panama City beach as it was small and very easy to learn to get around town with plenty of places to eat and shop. Would come to PCB again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Timeshare trading or rent from a timeshare owner.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CAS483
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

i was kind of leery about staying here after reading some of the reviews, but i had a wonderful time at this resort. the construction was done and it was post college spring break, so, i'm sure that had something to do with it. :-) i went with my sister and a girlfriend. we stayed in a 2 bdrm/2 bath presidential unit and it was FABULOUS! very spacious and ultra modern. no parking fees (YEAH!) and resort even offers complimentary valet parking. there is no restaurant, but several within walking distance and a starbucks on site.

the beach is beautiful! white powdery sand, clear water, calm waves...everything you could want in a beach. this was my first visit to panama city beach, fl, but it certainly won't be my last and i will definitely stay at the wyndham .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank naturalmystic16
Dallas Tx.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Went to this hotel for a week. Must rent car. One small diner across the st food is ok and cheap. One small gas station w/lots of stuff. Big stores are 2 miles away. Taxie's are costly. Shuttle's are slow. DONT RENT FROM CALIFORNIA CYCLES,read the yahoo review about them.Bad. The rooms are big,nice has everything. some Hallways are stinky. over all not bad. Do the jet ski tour to shell island. Its a must. Probley the best food is captain andersons. Sharkies down the rood is a nice place,good food. DONT DO THE HOTEL TOUR,ITS A TIME SHARE SALES PITCH. They offer a hundred dollers. Unless u want to buy a condo, dont do it.

1 Thank shane32
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

This vacation to Panama City Beach was planned as a last-minute getaway. I was fortunate enough to secure a two-bedroom/two-bathroom unit in this all ocean-front resort. The staff members were all friendly and welcoming. It was low season, so there was no wait for check-in/out. Complimentary valet parking was readily available; very useful when arriving close to midnight.

When I walked into the apartment I was amazed. The unit is so large and the layout is very appealing. Upon entry, there are bunk beds to the side of the foyer and a closet. Initially, I thought this was a terrible idea to put children by the door. However, our heavy door dragged along the floor, emitting a high-pitched squeal whenever it was opened; no way could a child escape without adults hearing it.

The kitchen is definitely large enough to accommodate more than one chef at a time. There are ample cabinets, cookware, dinnerware and the like as well as a washer/dryer in a closet. The dining area has a bar with seating in addition to a glass dining table that seats six. The large living area houses a pull-out sofa, chairs, and a breath-taking view of the emerald Gulf of Mexico. From the 17th floor balcony, I saw at least three shades of green in the never-ending Atlantic.

The same view could be seen from the master bedroom bay window or door leading to the balcony. The master bath was a nice size with large garden tub. The bed was extremely comfortable; I slept like a baby. As a light sleeper, I appreciate the windows and door being ocean side. It would have been nice to be able to hear/smell the ocean, but the windows do not open and there’s no screen on the door, so I was out of luck with that. I did, however, catch a nap on the balcony; that was very relaxing.

The guest bedroom was simple and tastefully decorated as was the entire unit. The guest bathroom is located off the kitchen; nice location to be shared between the second bedroom and the bunk beds. The window of the guest room overlooked the outdoor walkway; my friend was not disturbed by passing guests.

The powdery sand beach is a little tricky to get to. I had to travel below street level to walk out to the beach. Be sure to follow the posted signs. Once there, I loved digging my toes in the soft sand. I saw a family of pelican and, of course, countless seagulls. Because it was low season, the beach was just about empty.

A traveler to the area would greatly benefit from having a vehicle, especially during low season. Not all shops and restaurants are open, but just enough to keep yourself busy. In Panama City, a short drive away, you’ll find shopping malls and your standard chain stores.

The location is fabulous, units are spacious and comfortable, and staff members are glad you are staying with them. I highly recommend the Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: Light sleepers, request unit away from elevator.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends