“Great Place, Great Location and great view!”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Loved this vacation with Wyndham! The only reason I gave it a 4 star was because the tile was still not clean from the construction. My sister and I determined it was grout haze that was still on the tiles and it made your feet dirty when you walked on it. The other downside was that the master bedroom was street side and with no fault to Wyndham it was hard to sleep the first 2 nights due to a bike rally. (Big boys with their toys throttling all night.) I would not reccomend this time if you want peace and quiet. Other than that it was a terrific place on the 10th floor with a wonderful view of the ocean. The sand and sea where gorgeous. The rooms spacious and the staff a Wyndham were very helpful and accomodating. We loved Panama City beach as it was small and very easy to learn to get around town with plenty of places to eat and shop. Would come to PCB again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Timeshare trading or rent from a timeshare owner.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CAS483

Reviewed May 16, 2011

i was kind of leery about staying here after reading some of the reviews, but i had a wonderful time at this resort. the construction was done and it was post college spring break, so, i'm sure that had something to do with it. :-) i went with my sister and a girlfriend. we stayed in a 2 bdrm/2 bath presidential unit and it was FABULOUS! very spacious and ultra modern. no parking fees (YEAH!) and resort even offers complimentary valet parking. there is no restaurant, but several within walking distance and a starbucks on site.

the beach is beautiful! white powdery sand, clear water, calm waves...everything you could want in a beach. this was my first visit to panama city beach, fl, but it certainly won't be my last and i will definitely stay at the wyndham .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank naturalmystic16
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Went to this hotel for a week. Must rent car. One small diner across the st food is ok and cheap. One small gas station w/lots of stuff. Big stores are 2 miles away. Taxie's are costly. Shuttle's are slow. DONT RENT FROM CALIFORNIA CYCLES,read the yahoo review about them.Bad. The rooms are big,nice has everything. some Hallways are stinky. over all not bad. Do the jet ski tour to shell island. Its a must. Probley the best food is captain andersons. Sharkies down the rood is a nice place,good food. DONT DO THE HOTEL TOUR,ITS A TIME SHARE SALES PITCH. They offer a hundred dollers. Unless u want to buy a condo, dont do it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shane32
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This vacation to Panama City Beach was planned as a last-minute getaway. I was fortunate enough to secure a two-bedroom/two-bathroom unit in this all ocean-front resort. The staff members were all friendly and welcoming. It was low season, so there was no wait for check-in/out. Complimentary valet parking was readily available; very useful when arriving close to midnight.

When I walked into the apartment I was amazed. The unit is so large and the layout is very appealing. Upon entry, there are bunk beds to the side of the foyer and a closet. Initially, I thought this was a terrible idea to put children by the door. However, our heavy door dragged along the floor, emitting a high-pitched squeal whenever it was opened; no way could a child escape without adults hearing it.

The kitchen is definitely large enough to accommodate more than one chef at a time. There are ample cabinets, cookware, dinnerware and the like as well as a washer/dryer in a closet. The dining area has a bar with seating in addition to a glass dining table that seats six. The large living area houses a pull-out sofa, chairs, and a breath-taking view of the emerald Gulf of Mexico. From the 17th floor balcony, I saw at least three shades of green in the never-ending Atlantic.

The same view could be seen from the master bedroom bay window or door leading to the balcony. The master bath was a nice size with large garden tub. The bed was extremely comfortable; I slept like a baby. As a light sleeper, I appreciate the windows and door being ocean side. It would have been nice to be able to hear/smell the ocean, but the windows do not open and there’s no screen on the door, so I was out of luck with that. I did, however, catch a nap on the balcony; that was very relaxing.

The guest bedroom was simple and tastefully decorated as was the entire unit. The guest bathroom is located off the kitchen; nice location to be shared between the second bedroom and the bunk beds. The window of the guest room overlooked the outdoor walkway; my friend was not disturbed by passing guests.

The powdery sand beach is a little tricky to get to. I had to travel below street level to walk out to the beach. Be sure to follow the posted signs. Once there, I loved digging my toes in the soft sand. I saw a family of pelican and, of course, countless seagulls. Because it was low season, the beach was just about empty.

A traveler to the area would greatly benefit from having a vehicle, especially during low season. Not all shops and restaurants are open, but just enough to keep yourself busy. In Panama City, a short drive away, you’ll find shopping malls and your standard chain stores.

The location is fabulous, units are spacious and comfortable, and staff members are glad you are staying with them. I highly recommend the Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: Light sleepers, request unit away from elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank iluv2go2
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Our flight arrived early a.m. which allowed us to arrive early to the resort. Initially they were cordial and allowed us access to the pool and beach area until our room was ready which they said they would make top priority since we were there so early. We knew check-in time was not until 3 p.m. (according to SWA Vacations) but at 5 p.m. we were told our room was still not ready.

At 7 p.m. our travel agent from SouthWest Airlines Vacations spoke to RUDY at the front desk and was told he would have our room ready within the next 30 minutes ~ their cleaning crew was so busy that day... REALLY??? that's not MY problem, RUDY.

My family travels abroad, and we've been on mini-vacations(5 to 10 days at a time) to PCB 28 times in the last 10 years. Never, ever written a negative online review about a resort, but I trust everyone will believe me and read all the other negative posts about this resort. STAY AWAY...... EBR is the place.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank LoveLeisureTravel
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I thought the previous reviews in the last month were exaggerated until yesterday. The noise is unbelievable, with the hammer drills droning all day. We had to go out or sit on the balconey to avoid a headache.

Only benefit is that our room has been renovated and they have done a good job.

It is a beautiful location with beach front balconies. Only problem is you have no way to get out of the sun and sit on the balconey in the afternoon.

Wyndham should provide some level of compensation to guests exposed to this, I pity anyone here with small children who need a nap in the daytime.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barrymitchell
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We exchanged our Hilton points for this RCI resort. The units are spacious and lovely with updated furnishings and redone kitchens. All units are beachfront with balconies. The beach was crowded with spring breakers, but we knew that would be the case. Everyone was well behaved and we had no problems with people noise. The construction noise was overwhelming. We arrived on Saturday evening. Sunday morning, 8 am, the jackhammering began. It was intolerable. I couldn't hear the front desk person when I called to request a room change. Nothing could be done to change our unit until Tuesday afternoon. RCI couldn't help us as no space was available at any resort anywhere near to PCB. The second unit was quieter, tho we were still awakened every morning at 8 am with the noise. RCI had sent us a letter less than a month before our trip advising us of the construction. Nothing was available in the area to switch to and we had plane flights already set. We had no choice but to endure the noise. This will be a very nice resort when the work is finished, but check before making any reservations if the work is still in progress. And unless you like sitting in horrendous traffic jams, avoid spring break at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2011