If you read my other reviews, you'll see I very rarely complain, but there is a first time for everything right? It started off rough and only got slightly better. Made my reservation online, called the toll free customer service, called the Reflections sales office and then called Reflections again on my way there the day of arrival to confirm they understood we would be a very late night arrival and get any info I needed. Since check in is done through the Reflections resort office, I wanted to be certain our room would not be given away and that we would have no problems checking in late. Sadly, I was told only once during three calls that I would need to go to the security gate to get my room key. I assumed (mistakenly) that it would be obvious where security was located. I was not told that there was an after hours number or that the security gate was at a completely different entrance to the resort. (When you come in on Delwood Beach Road, there is a main entrance for Bay Point there with the security gate. However, the entrance for Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Reflections and the Wyndham is much farther down around the corner on Jan Cooley Drive, probably 1.5 miles.) So, the night of my arrival, I follow signs for the HICV... takes me to the entrance i mentioned on Jan Cooley. Reflections is of course closed and no signage telling me where security is or how to reach them. Drive over to Wyndham. Clerk tries to help me but doesn't know where the security office is either. It's after midnight and i am exhausted and getting frustrated. I drive down to the first entrance on Jan Cooley but the gate office there is closed and the gate allows for key card access only. I drive back to Reflections. I call the local phone number and the recording gives me the after hours number. Call it and speak to the security guard in the gate office back on Delwood Beach Rd. I drive back to his location. He finally hooks me up with keys and good directions. I've now spent over 30 minutes just trying to get checked in so i can go to my room. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. :-( This is exactly why I called and called and called.
Now I'm in the room - it's decent. The door closes FAST and the door is heavy so watch out for little kids or elderly getting caught by the door. I asked for double beds instead of a king but got a king. I know they can only give what is available, but based on my experience already, I'm thinking no one cared to see if a room with doubles was available. (i reserved a 1bed 1ba unit and was told when i called that they have king and double beds available in the 1/1 combo)
The decor is ok, but lots of scuff marks on the walls, side table in living room area is ROUGH from water damage, bed is pretty hard for my taste. BUT the carpet is clean, the towels are clean. Ceiling fan blades are crazy dirty and something sticky all over the kitchen tile and most of the cabinet pulls. I'll survive.. I pull out the sheets for hide-a-bed in the couch. both are bottom sheets and one has greasy purple stains all over it.. (laundry soap?) couldn't use it. laid the other sheet down on the couch and slept on that with my own little blanket because the blanket they supply has other people's hair all over it. Yuck!
The next morning I almost fall to the floor because the toilet seat is so loose. I take a shower and it drains so slowly my feet are in dirty water the whole time. FRUSTRATION GROWING. I go to the kitchen to make my boys breakfast and open a bottom cabinet finding one very large half consumed bottle of alcohol left from the last guest. (It is also sticky so I figure it's the same stuff on the floor and cabinet pulls?) Go to Reflections office to "officially check in" and turn in the alcohol. Thank goodness i found it and not a little kid thinking it was water. I ask for the toilet and tub to be fixed.. easy stuff right? I get an apology about the alcohol. Glad the employee recognizes the danger there. Toilet was fixed, but tub never was. Reminded them about the tub when checking out, but it barely registered with this clerk, no apology for 3 days of showering in a backed up tub. The hair dryer in the bathroom doesn't lock in to the unit on the wall and constantly falls on to the bathroom counter.
I used the laundry room to wash our towels and some clothes (if you need towel exchange it's $5, the washer and dryer are free and they give you a small box of soap). The laundry room door wasn't working properly, had to swipe the card twice each time for it to unlock. only 1 dryer of 3 was working so had to be extremely patient waiting for my turn to dry stuff. Realized on the last day, there is another washer & dryer in the building next to the pool. I bought my own toilet paper because it wasn't worth going up to the office to ask for an extra roll since they only supplied one partial roll and we were there for 3 days. (extra facial tissue under the sink but no extra TP)
Since most people will stay in the rooms several days, it would be nice if they would supply each room a simple broom and dustpan. Going to the beach brings in sand. I hate walking on dirty floors for days. It would also be nice if they would put trash bags in the cans that are sized appropriately and supply a dumpster instead of expecting people to shove trash bags in to the cans by the elevators. And a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser would work wonders on the walls! Since we were on a bottom floor, I was disappointed to see the window in the bedroom and sliding glass door in the living room had only heavy curtains - no sheers. I felt exposed having them open so kept them closed almost the whole time.
I had several dead or mostly dead centipedes and beetles in the room, but it's Florida, you can't expect to not have bugs. I had to assume based on the death rate that the property manager was actively spraying and trying to minimize the bugs. Ants and roaches were never a problem.
My experience was so disappointing I would not stay here again, but I'll give some of the positives as it may be a good location for others who can learn from my visit..
1) it is a very quiet location. we were there during bike week (not on purpose!) and was glad we didn't end up in a noisy hotel on the beach.
2) there is a nice little dock behind the Wyndham where my son fished for hours every day
3) it was nice to have more space than a traditional hotel room and the full kitchen was really nice to have. just be aware since it's a one bathroom, the sink, toilet and shower are all behind one door so it's one person at a time getting ready
4) there was a nice little playground immediately outside our patio door for little kids and a pool there + about 3-4 other pools and hot tubs on the property
5) while it's away from the beach, it's not a far drive at all and allows you to take in some of the scenery. there is a publix and winn-dixie at the corner of the main road so getting supplies, gas, etc. is super easy.
6) the rooms have connecting doors so if traveling with family, you can get adjoining units.
Last point I want to mention... this is a hard core golf resort. I almost ran over 3 dudes on carts the first morning there because there is no signage as you approach the Reflections building from the HICV building that there is a golf cart crossing. A sign and some stripes on the road need to be added before someone gets squished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Bay Point Resort is the perfect Gulf Coast getaway and golfer's paradise. Located in the Bay Point Resort in Panama City Beach this scenic enclave offers 1,100 acres of natural beauty on a wildlife sanctuary overlooking St. Andrew's Bay. With access to all of the Bay Point Resort's amenities, Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Bay Point Resort is an all-seasons resort offering a wide range of activities for the whole family! For the golf enthusiast, Bay Point Resort boasts two 18-hole championship golf courses. The Nicklaus Course is a challenging par-72 course that measures over 7,100 yards and offers panoramic views of the bay. Designed by Willard Byrd, The Meadow Course is also one of the most popular and prestigious courses in Panama City. For true relaxation, visit the world-class day spa and indulge in the many services available. Bay Point Resort also offers several other amenities such as indoor/outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools, 24-hour business center, private beach, kids activities and more. There is so much to do you will not want to leave! When you re ready to dig your toes in the sand, Panama City Beach's St. Andrew's Bay is conveniently located only two short blocks from the resort. Panama City Beach and the Gulf of Mexico is only a five-minute boat ride or a ten-minute car ride away. There you can delight in 27 miles of beautiful shoreline while you catch some rays on the white sandy beaches or swim in the clear emerald waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Bay Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Bay Point Hotel Panama City Beach