“Nice hotel except for some cleanliness issues”

Holiday Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice hotel except for some cleanliness issues”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Overall this hotel was very nice. They have hundreds of fans in the lobby which is like a work of art. Great service. Rooms are spacious, comfortable, and nice, and the red shower is a funky touch. Didn't get to see much of the area so it's hard to rate the location, but there was nothing really within walking distance.

The main issue was the sticky bottle of personal lubricant we found on the bedside table when we got to our room. How can you miss a giant bottle when cleaning the room? Very gross. Made the stay significantly less pleasant.

Also, they claim to have free wi-fi in the rooms, but both myself and a colleague in another room couldn't get the wireless to work. We ended up using the wired which worked fine.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
GA
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Booked 2 nights early September, the hotel is not like what expected, old and no complimentary breakfast for Priority Club Members like it show in their website and the guy at the front desk is not so nice either. Definitely terrible mistake by booking at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Most of my stay was pleasant except on the last night when a giant roach made a presence in my room. It wasn't a dirty hotel but I guess these things happen? Staff was nice and the location is close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
alabama
Reviewed September 9, 2009

i loved this hotel! it was the best hotel i have ever stayed in. i do pertioneal dialysis so i had to have a clean environment to do my treatment and it was very clean and inviting. the staff was great! the pool and spa was wonderful. guests were friendly also.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
FL
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed it, but I think this time was even better. The hotel is located in a nice part of town, about 10 minutes form the beach. The staff is incredibly friendly and caters to your needs. We paid the rack rate of $99, which was, to me, a completely reasonable price for Panama CIty during the summer. Our room was spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable. My husband says they have the best pillows of any other hotel that we've stayed at. The front of the hotel is very pretty with a lot of fountains out front, and the restaurant is also quite beautiful with all the Tiffany light covers and stained glass. We ate breakfast the next morning at their restaurant, Mamma Mia's, and were very satisfied. My 3 children ate free, and if you have kids, that is a VERY big deal. My family of five had a large breakfast, with excellent service by the way, for around $18! Overall, I would rank this hotel a great stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank arch1591
atlanta
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This hotel was very clean and the service was awesome.. It was in a good location not far from the beach......

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Having spent every summer for the past 43 years in Panama City, I remember when this Holiday Inn was new. I was reluctant to stay there for our most recent trip because I know the age of the hotel. However, I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.

The rooms have been updated and include a pillow menu. I didn't like the standard pillows in the room and they brought me a very nice feather pillow right away. The pool is clean and very warm, certainly a benefit with kids who love the water. We ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel and had good service for both. The menu is rather limited, but we never failed to find something for each of us. Breakfast buffet - the "cold" buffet - is good. Fruits, breads, yogurt and cereal. Kids eat free and as a member of Priority Club, I ate free too!

On the first night in the hotel, the neighboring room was VERY loud. I asked front desk to move me because of the noise. The front desk staff assured me the neighboring room was checking out, so I agreed to stay. When the neighboring room decided to stay another night, the front desk staff called me to let me know and offer to move me as I had requested. I was surprised and very pleased at this high level of customer service.

Hotels in the "city" of Panama City are hard to come by. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express in an instant. Great value - especially for families.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall

Been to Holiday Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!