“Very Beautiful and Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Beautiful and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 18, 2006

Coming all the way from Melbourne Australia, we had the best stay at the Holiday Inn select. Our stay was for over 2 weeks and by the end of our holiday we were sorry to leave the beautiful friends we made at the hotel. You should all be rewarded for you customer service. Such a friendly bunch of people who went out of their way to help you any way they could.
Five Stars to you. * * * * *
We will be back to see you all again as soon as we can.

From the down under crew..
Elena, Renee and Brittney.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed August 14, 2005

I and my family have been guests of the hotel many many times. Not every trip has been perfect but if ever there was a problem it was always dealt with in the highest manner of professionalism; as well as friendly. There is a sign out front that says "Your home away from home" and that is exactly what it has come to be for my family. The hotel is beautiful, the restaurant is great - I am surprised that more people don't eat there - they have an amazing bar - that bar should be packed - it is beautiful - with mirrors and fans and a beautiful old time look. The staff has always been the nicest staff I have ever encountered. There was one girl at the front desk I had a problem with, she had an attitude with me (some folks just clash) but the Front Desk Manager took care of everything. The GM (Kevin?) and the whole management staff there expects the best of their employees. That's nice to see. (I don't think that girl works there anymore. Anyway, to all of you out there looking for a place to stay, the Holiday Inn Select is great. You will be pleased!

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
FL
Reviewed June 29, 2005

My husband and I stayed here overnight with our three kids. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was okay except that we found two beer bottle caps on the floor. The indoor pool was nice. The breakfast buffet was good but the milk was sour. Also a plus for families because kids eat free.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank arch1591
Reviewed April 1, 2005

We had reservations for 7 nights here. When we showed up we were told we would have to be in a executive level king bed (We had 4 ppl which wouldn't work well). They said they were sold out so we took it. The room was working out well till 2 days into our vacation they called informing us that we must switch rooms, which we were also OK with. We asked them if they had a room available and they said no. (It was 11am - I've spent many years working in a hotel to know that housekeepers show up at around 8 or 9 and they try to tell me that there arent any rooms available.) We were informed that there would be rooms available at 2, and this wouldnt work out since we wanted to go to the beach all day. They said they would move our stuff for us if we packed, which i felt a little uneasy about them doing. We called back at 12:30 and asked if there were any rooms and they said no again, but informed us that we could leave our stuff there till we came back to switch rooms.

We had a good day at the beach, but upon our arrival to the hotel we were confronted by the manager (I beleive he was the general manager). He accused us of trying to make his job hard and told us we were irresponsible - he did all of this in a loud mannor. I explained the situation and he told me that i was to have had my stuff packed ready to move and apparently the second person i talked to didnt know what they were talking about and i was being blamed for this mistake. There was no appoligy or admitance of guilt. I feel he handled this situation very unprofesional and poorly. You never get loud with a guest.

It wasn't our fault they booked us in the wrong room, and they expected us to do flips for them and switch rooms at their convenience. We went along with their plans with no problem, i only had a problem with being practically yelled at by the manager.

The hotel itself was nice, the pool was a large indoor pool and the hot tub was great.

The top floor of this hotel is called the "executive level" and you need a special key to get there from the elevator. They have snacks in the evening and a free breakfast which we had no knowledge of.

If your going to this hotel for a vacation and to enjoy the beaches, it is really far from the beach. It takes 20-25 minutes without traffic.

Overall, the poor staff made this hotel poor. I find it hard to beleive they have all these awards for there hospitality when we were treated so poorly. Stay away enless you get a great deal.

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank kyle m
Reviewed July 26, 2004

My family and i have had many vacations to Panama City and we usually try to stay at this hotel. It is close to a mall and right near the highway you have to take to get to the beach. Plus it is more affordable than the beach front hotels.

The hotel is nice, we had a problem one time with our room reservations and they gave us coupons for free breakfast in the restaurant. The breakfast was good and the restaurant decor is cool with a bunch of stained glass fans above. The pool is large and nice, the rooms clean.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2004

The people there were wonderful, the accomodations were clean, and my experience was one of the best I have had at a hotel. This Holiday Inn is definitely a step above most of the other hotels in this area. When they say their hotel is clean: it is truly clean, it is not just a hoax to lure you in.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2004

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on North Cove blvd. in Panama City Florida. The Hotel is nothing like the pictures. It's certainly not as nice. However, this is not why I chose to write this review. You see the staff was rude. Specifically they were short and not friendly at all. No one went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Secondly, my soon to be signifigant other purchased a $24 bottle of wine in his attempt to romance me. I had a glass of the wine and the next day when we returned from the beach....the bottle was half empty. It appeared that the maid or maids help themselves to my wine. For these reasons I will never stay at another Holiday Inn anywhere....or any Hotel connected to the chain.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City
Courtyard Panama City
Courtyard Panama City
#5 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Holiday Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!