WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Panama City

Holiday Inn Panama City
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Panama City
florida
“Decent hotel, decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed the night after our business had their Christmas party here. I found the staff attentive and polite, if not a bit "untrained". As an example, I asked if/where an ATM was. They told me "Around the corner, by the elevators". It was there, but it was out of service. I told the desk clerks, and they said "There's nothing we can do". Of course, the correct answer is "We'll notify our manager, who will notify the people who fix ATMs". Because - as I pointed out to the clerks - if I can't get money out of the machine, I may not spend money in the hotel bar, restaurant, tip the maids, etc.

The politely took my concerns, and whether or not they called the manager, I have no idea.

Anyhoo, the room was clean and in good shape. Breakfast was NOT included, but I did purchase breakfast in the restaurant, and it was very good.

All in all, I'd stay here again if I pass through again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our first visit to pcb so we were unaware how far from the beach the hotel actually was. The hotel is older and could use a little renovation. The rooms were clean but could stand to be a bit more tidier. The staff is extremely nice. And the pool area is awesome! Our kids loved the pool! All in all its just okay. I do recommend spending the extra $$$ to stay closer to the beach be taken into consideration.

• Stayed September 2012
milford de
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is a good examples of what an older Holiday Inn can achieve wit great employees
with great service attitudes.
Pool and spa are very good .Only negative is Hotel Very Slow. If you are going to use the pool facilities should ask the front desk to put you in a room convenient to stairwell exits or lower floor by elevator. Room rates are very reasonable if traveling I-10 Hotel is approx 50 miles south
of I-10 on rt.231 Oh in the evenings expect a snack cart to stop by your room with snacks and drinks (non alcohol)
Parking is very convenient and plenty of spaces

Room Tip: If using pool ask for lower rooms to be more convenient
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank steve v
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Not a great place for the money paid. The rooms were pretty clean for the most part, the pool and the hot tub are so dirty. My friends and I must have swam in that pool multiple times not realizing what a very bad idea it was. We all ended up getting ear infections from the pool, I got red spots all over my back that did not go away for another 2 weeks. The sauna was ok, except some old staff guy kept hassling me and my friends trying to make us go back to our rooms. I felt like I was being babysat. The cafeteria was clean but the service was not great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sweetmagnolia1717
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear sweetmagnolia1717,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel needs to be downgraded to 1 star effective immediately!

I booked a 4 night stay with hotwire.com using their exiting “blind “hotel booking and I was unpleasantly surprised at my arrival. The hotel is very old, it smells terrible, customer service is nonexistent and we found a frog inside the room on the 5th floor. Initially we were checked in into a dirty room, and then we found the frog in the 2nd room they gave us. The entire length of our stay was 20 minutes and I will never return to this hotel, I am undecided on the brand yet.

The problem is that somehow the hotel has 3 stars rating everywhere on Internet and I cannot understand why. Well, hotwire refunded my entire booking without any hassle, which is a good indication it is not the first time they hear complaints about this property.

Anyways, if you expect to stay at 1 star hotel and if you book it for around 50-60 dollars per night, then you will stay in a 1 star hotel and you might get to sleep with frogs. If you expect a 3 star hotel, regardless of the price you paid, you will leave as soon as you enter this property.

Room Tip: I found a frog inside the room on the 5th floor.
4 Thank Petar K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Petar K

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. This is certainly not the impression we wish to project to our guests. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better the quality and guests services we offer in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Darien, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Upon checking in, the clerk at the front desk had me wait for service for three minutes without saying a word to me. Customer service is dying in this country. You never ignore a customer that is ready to spend money...... Overall, the hotel appears to be older, but very well-maintained. The hotel was very clean except for the jetted-tub in my room. The jets had gunk around them. I also noticed that when I started the jet, the jet released a foul smelling water. Of course I didn't bother using the tub after that. I didn't bother asking for another room either. Other than that, the room was very clean.....The poor service and dirty tub were enough to make me cancel my reservations for the following two nights. I ended up booking rooms at a reputable hotel on the beachside with complimentary hot breakfast for each guest for the same rates... I've had pleasurable experiences at Holiday Inns before, but I will never return to this one.

Room Tip: Check the jets on the whirlpool before you use it.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great place for a quick stop, Staff really friendly, Rooms are clean, great ameneties, refrigerator, plasma TV, spacious, with WIFI access. Hotel has a Pool and hot tub, plenty of parking, and is located in a center area in Panama City. It is an older building so you might find few things that need to be updated for example the Bath tub/shower. But overall for less than $90 per night it was a Good experience. About 10-15 minutes away from Panama City Beach.

1 Thank hotel_aficionado2011