“Older Landmark Holiday Inn Select with 5 STAR service and attitude” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Panama City

Holiday Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
milford de
“Older Landmark Holiday Inn Select with 5 STAR service and attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is a good examples of what an older Holiday Inn can achieve wit great employees
with great service attitudes.
Pool and spa are very good .Only negative is Hotel Very Slow. If you are going to use the pool facilities should ask the front desk to put you in a room convenient to stairwell exits or lower floor by elevator. Room rates are very reasonable if traveling I-10 Hotel is approx 50 miles south
of I-10 on rt.231 Oh in the evenings expect a snack cart to stop by your room with snacks and drinks (non alcohol)
Parking is very convenient and plenty of spaces

Room Tip: If using pool ask for lower rooms to be more convenient
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank steve v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Not a great place for the money paid. The rooms were pretty clean for the most part, the pool and the hot tub are so dirty. My friends and I must have swam in that pool multiple times not realizing what a very bad idea it was. We all ended up getting ear infections from the pool, I got red spots all over my back that did not go away for another 2 weeks. The sauna was ok, except some old staff guy kept hassling me and my friends trying to make us go back to our rooms. I felt like I was being babysat. The cafeteria was clean but the service was not great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sweetmagnolia1717
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear sweetmagnolia1717,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel needs to be downgraded to 1 star effective immediately!

I booked a 4 night stay with hotwire.com using their exiting “blind “hotel booking and I was unpleasantly surprised at my arrival. The hotel is very old, it smells terrible, customer service is nonexistent and we found a frog inside the room on the 5th floor. Initially we were checked in into a dirty room, and then we found the frog in the 2nd room they gave us. The entire length of our stay was 20 minutes and I will never return to this hotel, I am undecided on the brand yet.

The problem is that somehow the hotel has 3 stars rating everywhere on Internet and I cannot understand why. Well, hotwire refunded my entire booking without any hassle, which is a good indication it is not the first time they hear complaints about this property.

Anyways, if you expect to stay at 1 star hotel and if you book it for around 50-60 dollars per night, then you will stay in a 1 star hotel and you might get to sleep with frogs. If you expect a 3 star hotel, regardless of the price you paid, you will leave as soon as you enter this property.

Room Tip: I found a frog inside the room on the 5th floor.
4 Thank Petar K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Petar K

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. This is certainly not the impression we wish to project to our guests. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better the quality and guests services we offer in the future.

Connie D
Darien, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Upon checking in, the clerk at the front desk had me wait for service for three minutes without saying a word to me. Customer service is dying in this country. You never ignore a customer that is ready to spend money...... Overall, the hotel appears to be older, but very well-maintained. The hotel was very clean except for the jetted-tub in my room. The jets had gunk around them. I also noticed that when I started the jet, the jet released a foul smelling water. Of course I didn't bother using the tub after that. I didn't bother asking for another room either. Other than that, the room was very clean.....The poor service and dirty tub were enough to make me cancel my reservations for the following two nights. I ended up booking rooms at a reputable hotel on the beachside with complimentary hot breakfast for each guest for the same rates... I've had pleasurable experiences at Holiday Inns before, but I will never return to this one.

Room Tip: Check the jets on the whirlpool before you use it.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great place for a quick stop, Staff really friendly, Rooms are clean, great ameneties, refrigerator, plasma TV, spacious, with WIFI access. Hotel has a Pool and hot tub, plenty of parking, and is located in a center area in Panama City. It is an older building so you might find few things that need to be updated for example the Bath tub/shower. But overall for less than $90 per night it was a Good experience. About 10-15 minutes away from Panama City Beach.

1 Thank hotel_aficionado2011
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here at this hotel for only one night. Need a place to stay and figured Holiday Inn I can't go wrong. It was close to the business that I was conducting just down the road. The room is a little on the dated side. The room is showing it's age. Looks like it has been painted several hundred times over the years. The late 70's early 80's red tub in the bathroom was a little scary. I haven't seen one of those in years. Almost made me want to put on my fly collar silk shirt and go start looking for a Disco. The room was fairly clean, the floors could use a vacuuming though. Other than that it was clean. The bed sleep well and the sheets felt, looked and smelled clean. Not that great but not bad either. The price was about average. If your just looking for place to crash not a bad place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CaptMike865
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear CaptMike865,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry the decor and room quality fell below your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
LITHONIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel and had the worse Florida experience of our lives! Our stay was supposed to be from Thursday until Sunday. Unfortunately, due to loud noise of inconsiderate guests and police prescence at the hotel, we left a day early. I made a complaint to the front desk which seemed useless because the noise continued for about three more hours! This hotel will definitely be last on my list for future reservations!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LIKISA W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama City, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
LIKISA W ,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry your stay was disturbed by the behavior of other guests. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
#5 of 33 in Panama City
4.0 of 5 stars 115 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City

Been to Holiday Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!