Having traveled with our Yorkies across many states- we normally stay at 'friendly' La Quinta locations. Some have been the older 'version' of room design and/or poor quality mediocre cleanliness. However, this property is a very nice and a newer location 'high' rise, with 6 floors and multiple (3) elevators, rather than ONE only central elavator. Our King Exec Room sported all the 'Norms' of a mini Micro, mini refrig (but no freezer capability), and the always "hard" sofa sitting/sleeper as expected. Do keep in mind that La Quinta's Bright Side "breakfast" has always been on the lower side in definition of a 'real' and healthful breakfast, and this location is no different in not offering any "also" added features. Cleanliness overall of the room (carpet actually being reasonably clean, furniture tops/drawers, mirrors, etc), outside bldg grounds, hallways, and entrances, were better than most in the chain and even other more expensive hotel name brands. This could be also due that we were traveling off-season in the winter (Feb), and not during any high traffic or spring breaks to the beach areas with most of the crowd being more mature and seasoned travelers. This La Quinta is directly 'next door' to a very nice Hilton Garden Inn and both share the same square corner of the nice large Panama City shopping Mall. Most of the businesses (Rest. & retail) in the area appreciative of having 'winter' business volumn in addition to the smaller 'local' resident dollars.
However, that being said, the Red Lobster location literally next door on E 23rd St., and on the side lot of the Mall, is a smaller version mini unit with the 'open' Bar service in the middle of the restaurant. The restaurant 'Building' itself is a regular representation of the "Red Lobster" chain- but that is all that it is in it's similiarity. On a very medium to slower traffic early Sunday night 2/10/13, and being surrounded with 4 quality Hotels (La Quinta, Hilton, a nice Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn) and an open major mall - service was below 'standards' and should be avoided. This is in reference to an earlier positive La Quinta reviewer that had "lamented" that they 'ran out of time' to be able to visit the restaurant "next door", by rather simply going 1 block to Bob Evans, FishBone, Outback, Olive Gard, Lone Star, or ETC.
To future visitors you will do well to visit this La Quinta because of the location, it is Very easy to visit St Joe, Mexico Beach, other many possible 'pull off' beach areas, and the downtown and Marina areas of Panama City, Florida. Keep in mind that this is -Not- the "Panama City Beach" area, nor is it the "Beachiest" overly commercial area as most people think of when coming to Florida. Within 2 to 3 miles you can easily find many quality dining, shopping, and "Gulf" opportunities.
However, that being said, this was only a 2 day stop-over in waiting as we are on the way to a "beachfront" week stay 40 miles west of here. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Centrally located between Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport and Tyndall Air Force Base, the La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City is the perfect place to relax.Strategically located at the corner of US Highway 231 and 23rd Street, we are just minutes from downtown shops and restaurants. Our location provides you with easy access to Florida State University/Panama City, Gulf Coast Community College, the marina, and the Civic Center. You are just a short drive away from the world's most beautiful beaches in Panama City Beach, along with Gulf World Marine Park, St. Andrew's State Park, and Shipwreck Island Water Park.The La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City is the perfect place for you to unwind in one of our spacious rooms that are loaded with amenities, such as free high speed Internet access in all rooms; our King rooms and Suites include a microwave & refrigerator. Stroll, with your pet if you prefer, through the lush courtyard. Feel refreshed with a swim in our outdoor pool or a long soak in the relaxing spa. Work out your stress in our fitness center. Our courteous staff provides a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM every morning, and is on duty 24 hours for your convenience.We also have meeting facilities available; for more information, please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Hotel Panama City
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Panama City
- La Quinta Panama City
- Panama City La Quinta