“Not bad at all”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for - Cheap, Clean, and close enough to the strip. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but nothing I can say thats bad either. There is a main road behind the building, but with the AC on I didnt hear much noise. I would recommend this if you are looking for a low cost room. They offered a nice small breakfast in the morning. and the staff is very friendly!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz_Shea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Neighborhood behind this hotel is not safe. I had learned after my night stay that there was a rap previously. (Great to know after the fact, but it confirms how unsafe I felt in this hotel).
The bed was so horrible--hard, The comforter was scratchy--the kind you don't want to sleep with because you don't know who else has slept with it. The "Morning Melody" (continental breakfast) was horrible--stale bread, waffle maker that didn't work (I don't know if it was the batter or the maker), watered down coffee.
In a nut shell--don't stay here!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JenniferFl0rida

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Hartford, AL
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is a very clean place with friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Did not take advantage of the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. The only flaw I found with this hotel is its location. Our room was on the side next to the railroad tracks and the very busy 23rd St. There sound of traffic was very evident, especially at night when trying to sleep. The train went by the hotel both mornings we were there...around 8-9 AM. If it hadn't been for the noise aspect, this hotel would have been perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I stayed at the Sleep inn off US 98 and actually ended up getting more than what I expected. I was visiting family and had a tight budget to keep, and found that the rate was reasonable through the july 4th weekend. It was my first time traveling in years and I forgot that most hotels will hold the funds charged to your room when you check in (charges will be pending until check-out, after check-out withdrawn a few days later). However, that was a learning experience for an inexperienced traveler so heads up to those who are like me! Anyway the hotel is smaller it only has two floors, but something I appreciated wanting to avoid july 4th wild crowd. My room was very clean with a frig, mircrowave, iron and iron-board are provided. Check in was very prompt and staff was pleasant. Continential breakfast is served everyday from 6:30-9:30AM. There is cold and hot cereal available, danishes, etc. A waffel maker is provided, eggs, and susage. I belive the eggs and susage are pre-cooked but I was glad to eliminate one meal to save money. This hotel is not directly on the beach, and I would recommend people not to stay on the beach especially if they don't like noise. Again this was july 4th weekend so there is plenty of noise from the younger crowd. The hotel is in reasonable distance to the beach and other surrounding resturants to sit down and eat. There is an outdoor pool at the hotel, but I just went to the beach instead. The ocean is spectacular at night time and less crowded, or in the early afternoon hours are good also. Expect LOTS of traffic if you leave the beach in the evening hours. I never went to the beach on 4th of July and if anyone expects to be there, expect bummer to bummer traffic. My room also had high speed internet complimentary and a fabulous walk- in shower, The bathroom is a little tight cause the shower takes up most of the room, but i appreciated it. If traveling with young children it is far enough from noise, yet close enough to take them to the beach where there is plenty to do for all ages (ripleys believe it or not, mini-gulf, go karts, arcades, water parks, etc). Sleep inn is nothing REAL fancy but I was impressed for being on a budget. Try it I had a quiet, reasonable stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jigglyDelaware
Washingon
Reviewed June 22, 2009

On June 13 2009 I stayed in Room #302 for one night at the Sleep Inn & Suites at 9201 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach Florida 32407. The room reservation was made through P-------m. I was billed $120.98 from P-------m. Upon checkout I was charged an additional $96.79 for the room rate. When I noticed the additional charge I contacted the hotel on 20 June 2009. I spoke to an associate “Sherry”. She informed me she would talk to the manager the next morning and call me back. I received no call on the 21st. I called at 10:00 am on the 21st to find out the status of my complaint. Sherry placed me on hold for 10 minutes. I then hung up called back and spoke again to Sherry she informed me that she spoke to the manager and the additional charge would be reversed. On the 22nd I checked my statement and noticed another $96.79 charge. I called again and spoke to Sherry to inform her she had accidentally charged me for another night instead of reversing the charge. She placed me on hold for another 10 minutes to speak to the manager. I hung up called back and she placed me on hold again. I again waited another 10 minutes hung up and called back. This time another associate picked up and I asked to speak directly to the manager. I was then hung up on. I called back spoke to the same associate and informed them that if the manager did not come to the phone I would be contacting the BBB, then small claims court for Panama City Beach. I was then hung up on again. I have also contacted Choice hotels their parent company and filed a formal complaint. There has been no resolution as of the night of the 22nd.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Troy
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I do not recommend the Sleep Inn to anyone. The staff and management charge you for towels and sheets unneccesarily. I disliked the rooms. Our toilet overflowed in the first room we got and the smell of smoke choked me. It is very cheap and nasty. Stay on the strip or somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank NIMSAY7
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We stayed here for a business trip because of the hotel's proximity to Gulf Coast Community College, it's right across the street. The air conditioning in both my room and a colleague's was nonfunctional. The refrigerator was very loud and when I opened it to turn it down, I found some old boiled peanuts that had been left inside. Yuk! Although I was in a hall with a huge sign that read, "Non-smoking, $100 fine if you are caught smoking", at one point it smelled like someone was smoking right in my room. The room was tiny, no closet, no bathtub, pretty minimal. The television was ancient, had weird color and fuzzy. The coffee served the next morning at the breakfast bar was undrinkable! It was an inexpensive place to stay during spring break season, but I would not stay there again. The staff was pleasant and did offer an excellent dinner suggestion, the Captain's Table, not too far, with wonderful local seafood.

• Liked — Proximity to Gulf Coast Community College.
  • Disliked — The room.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lindamccat