“Nice hotel”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was Hampton Inn's usual good job. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only negative was the AC unit which didn't seem to cool very well, and was a little noisy. Also, at 5:15 a.m. the garbage truck came and emptied the dumpster. Not pleasant!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Adrian
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Sorry guys but it was awful and I really do love Hampton Inn. I've stayed here in the past for years and my stays have all been so-so and tolerable. They always seems to be in a stage of "renovating" reach time I've come. To be fair, it was a spur of the moment trip to visit a sick parent. We called ahead on the road to check availability and decided to reserve a room. We arrived around 1 am which meant we were tired. We asked for a non-smoking room and got a room which smelled of smoke. I called the front desk and after some discussion, we were directed to the front desk again for another room. But our room was so smelly, so dirty and even on the way out of the room we saw 2 roaches climbing the wall. We checked out completely and went across the street to the La Quinta. Oh BTW, the Hampton Inn was $119.99 for the night and the La Qunita was $79.99 for the night. What's up with that. MY HEART IS ALWAYS FOR HAMPTON INN BUT THIS TIME MY BODY WENT ACROSS THE STREET. PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR PLACE BACK IN ORDER!!!

Room Tip: Go to the La Quinta across the street until they get this place back in order!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights. We arrived 2 hours early and were able to check right in. Everything was great. The front desk staff is very friendly. Breakfast was good as always. We look forward to returning to next year for the Seabreeze Jazz Festival and will definitely stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night, prior to checking into our condo in Panama City Beach, FL. This hotel was nice, front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were cool, so we did not use them. The room was nice and we slept great! We went down for breakfast, the worker seemed like she had too much on her plate. The food was ok, but the turkey sausage was not edible by my family. I recommend they get another waffle iron or 2, because there was a line of 15 people waiting to make theirs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting love ones. Hotel was great. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was good and well-stocked, and the staff was nice. We also enjoyed the pool. Overall, our stay was great.

• Stayed January 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have visited a lot of hotels and most of them are Hampton Inns across the southeast. This particular Hampton Inn met my expectations and I would recommend this location to everyone.

This hotel is located right off of US highway 231 south (west side) close to restaurants and downtown Panama City.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We got room 123 which includes the whirlpool tub. The room is what I'd considered average for what it is. The whirlpool is located inside the bedroom. The problem we had was upon leaving the room i luckily pushed on the door to check and make sure the door was shut and secure, to my great surprise the door popped open! I again closed the door, pushed to check and the door popped open again. I tried several times and realized that the door wouldn't close securely. I told the front desk and asked for a different room and the reply i got was "i've been working here for over 10 years and not to worry, no one has ever broke into a room!" And that they were fully booked out. I said what if they did? The reply"not to worry it won't happen"! I then told the hotel employee that i checked another hotel and would like to not pay for the stay at this hotel, by the time i got back to the room she called and said someone just cancelled and she gave us a different room. We end up wasting about two and a half hours and almost miss what we went to Panama for. This delay created havoc because what was suppose to be a relaxing dinner before the venue became a mad rush fast food dinner before the event we went for because we were so late.

Room Tip: Room 123 is beside the ice machine and room 209 is beside the elevator, both can get alittle more no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple