“Locked out of room for over an hour”

Days Inn Panama City/Callaway
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Panama City, FL
“Locked out of room for over an hour”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Day's Inn as we were in town to check on our house. We went to get ice and upon returning to the room, had problems opening the door. We went to get the desk clerk who tried her master key and it also wouldn't work. She went back to get a couple of tools that she had at the front desk. After working on the door for over an hour ( now mind you all of our belongings were locked in the room) she called the owner for assistance. After another twenty minutes he showed up and was able to open the door with another key. We asked for some type of compensation and were told " the electronics are not my problem". Well if not your problem, then whose problem is it. We were not compensated at all and I will never stay at another Day's Inn again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cateyes741

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Dirty rooms (non-smoking all smell like smoke, hair all over the bathroom. Poor air conditioner. Staff not very helpful and very difficult to communicate with.

• Stayed October 2010

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The management was helpful and friendly. The rooms were average. The breakfast was typical of a cheap Continental style breakfast. Unless you need to be close to the Air Force base there are many better places for the same price. I was in town for business so it was closer to my job than any others.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
navarre, fl
Reviewed April 5, 2009

The staff is very friendly, the room smelled a little. The room does have a good sized bathroom, and the beds and pillows are really comfortable. The drink machine was pricey for a drink, the breakfast was ok. They cut the danishes in half and there was no milk for the cereal. It was a bit pricey, we stayed somewhere else for cheaper and got a better breakfast. It served the purpose though, we got a good nights sleep. It did have a wifi, but I couldn't get it to work.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2005

Staff friendly, rooms are surprisingly large, with a mini-fridge, microwave, and large TV. Continental breakfast is poor, also traffic can be a pain to get on/off the Tyndall Parkway. Convenient to many fast food restaraunts.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank Ebart01
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed July 7, 2004

I am currently in the Air Force and was booked into the hotel in the middle of June. In the two weeks I have been there I have found this: the management are friendly and helpful, giving me local information when I ask; the rooms are large and they have good amenities; the housekeeping staff are lazy and, at times, decide a room is too much work and they won't clean it. I am staying in a suite with one king sized bed. There is a 27" TV, a microwave, a fridge, an iron and ironing board, but the biggest thing I was missing was high-speed internet connection. Overall my experience with the hotel was good, but I will look elsewhere for a hotel next time I am in Panama City!

5 Thank K4M1K0Z