“Holiday Away from Home”

Super 8 Panama City
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel was centrally located in Panama City. It was clean and the service was friendly. The staff accommodated our needs nicely. I would stay here again for sure! We spent Christmas Eve here to be with our daughter who joined the military but was unable to come home for her first year away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
patelpri17, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest, we are so proud that you and your family spent Christmas with us.
Thank you!
We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Panama City

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Had two night stay. The room looked and smelled clean. The service attention I received was great. The front desk clerk even called me later to see if everything was to my liking. I had good tv and wireless reception and the continental breakfast was very satisfying. They have waffles :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in town for ironman Florida. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. All of our needs were taken care of right away. Safe area. Nice and quiet. A little far from everything. Breakfast was a little sad. Only a few options.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Consider that this review takes into account that I'm paying only $41 a night and it's off season (November). Also, I only live a couple hours away from here, so I visit Panama City and stay in the area quite often.

I'm staying here now, and I am on my 4th night of a 5 night stay. I chose this place because I'm here to work for the week and I needed a cheap, clean, comfortable, quiet place that had a microwave and a mini-fridge.

Super 8 met all of the criteria perfectly. I haven't heard a single noise from any of the other tenants, the room is made up and cleaned perfectly every day when I return from work, the wi-fi works great, the kind lady at the front desk has been courteous every time I see her, always checking to see if I'm happy with the lodgings and if I needed anything. It has a nice, clean, small pool (but it was too cold out to swim), ample parking, and even though it's on a main thoroughfare (which my window faced), I never heard traffic once.

The downstairs rooms have outside doors... not interior corridors, but the upstairs is all inside. The only drawback I've seen is that there is no elevator, but the abundance of downstairs rooms shouldn't make that a problem for anyone with stair climbing difficulty.

I have yet to eat the breakfast, but staff told me they have the typical continental fare of juices, coffee, milk, bagels, pastries, toast, cereal, and make-own-waffles. I hope to check it out by Friday morning depending on my work schedule but I'm typically a grab-a-piece-of-fruit-and-go kind of guy.

The room I'm in has a queen bed, pretty comfortable, a decent sized desk, the micro and fridge, a place in the corner to hang clothes and included a small, 4-cup coffee maker (and you can use your own real filters in it too) as well as an iron and ironing board.

Bathroom was fine, small but clean and it served it's purpose!

I wouldn't plan a family vacation at the place unless you're just needing really cheap lodging but if you need what I needed, it's the best place I've found for the price. Now, for a long weekend where you're beaching or diving all day and just need a place for your family to shower and sleep, this little hotel is one to consider if you're on a tight budget - only about a 20 minute drive to the beach and even closer to most dive charters on the lagoon.

Feel free to email me through Tripadvisor if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs if available if you don't mind the stairs and want interior corridors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
patelpri17, Manager at Super 8 Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012