“the experience there wasnt good. the prices was to high...”

Howard Johnson Inn - Panama City
Howard Johnson Inn - Panama City
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Panama City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murfreesboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

After reading a lot of reviews about this hotel before my stay, I was very concerned about staying here. To my surprise, most of the negative reviews were exaggerated! Yes, the hotel isnt freshly painted with new decor but at such a low nightly rate I was fine with that. I brought cleaning products with me just in case, and again I was happily surprised I didnt have to use them. Breakfast was nice, they served begals, muffins, pastries, cereal and fresh fruit, simple but very nice start to the day. Also like the other reviews said, the staff were very friendly. Hope this review helps other families decide on staying here, a cheaper alternative to a 4 star budget hotel. also, its only 20 min from the beach and activities..that's where all my money was spent :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Daniela R
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was dirty and not clean, they asked for payment up front before we even finished our stay. The contentinal breakfast that was served was nothing as compared to other chains. plus the items that were out were not even out at 6:30 am.I will not stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

2 Thank Armando C

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Christiansted, St. Croix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I will start with my expectations were not high to start with and it still fell short. I stayed here for one night, fully knowing I was getting what I paid for. There must be some sort of dirty cheap motel check list and they make sure they achieve those high standards. Dirty walls, door, carpets, floor. After taking a shower I noticed what looked like muddy foot prints, and could not tell if the bathroom floor was that dirty or the carpet, probably both. I stayed in a smoking room even though I do not smoke so I expected the smell, and it come complete with cigarette burns in things and on the side of the tub. They had a free breakfast, but it looked sad from the other side of the room (only Cheerio's and packaged buns) so I just went the grocery store and bought a pastry. On the plus side, no bed bugs, I checked in sort of late and that went smoothly and the bed was actually comfortable. All in all, if you strictly shopping on price, you will probably stay here regardless of what any review says... the parking lot certainly was full when I was there. If you care at all or get grossed out easily, find another place.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.