“The best staff , hotel and community”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Mississippi
Reviewed October 26, 2005

Came from Mississippi escaping the hurricane. A 5 hour trip took almost 15 hours. We were welcomed with open arms.They even lowered their rates for people arriving from the hurrican areas. They added extra ammenities at the front desk for things people forgot. They extended breakfast hours and added hot dogs to the wine and cheese reception for all of us so those without extra spending money could eat a "dinner". They put together a hurricane folder on how to and where to get help. They credited our credit card when the Red Cross gave us vouchers. Their Sales Director, Karen, drove me to her bank where I was able to cash a check because they were waiving the norman procedures. Panama City and the Comfort Inn & Conference Center hotel and staff are the best. The whole community pulled together and we felt welcome. The hotel staff went above and beyond. We were there for three weeks and will return again when we vacation.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Conference Center

Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2005

My husband was in a motorcycle accident in Panama City and was in ICU in the local hospital. We live in Georgia. I arrived in Panama City without a reservation and there was not a hotel room to be found (spring break). The owner was staying at the hotel. When the front desk clerk heard my story they called the owner and he packed his bags so I could have his room. The security person and the lady staffing the wine and cheese bar went to the room and cleaned it. Their rates were around a $100.00 a night but they offered a "hospital" rate of $63.00. Within a 1/2 hour I had a room and was on my way to the hospital. If that were not enough they moved heaven and earth to make sure I could keep that same room. I ended up staying for a week until my husband was released. Beacuse of the ICU visiting hours i was not able to attend the complimentary deluxe breakfast or wine and cheese bar, but the desk always had something tucked away for me when I returned to the hotel. I guess my story of my visit spread around the staff, everyone was so polite and concerned for my husband and me. Several of the staff said they prayed for us. We are ever so thankful for everything they did for us. It is a beautiful hotel and we plan to return (in a car). It is nice to know their are people and businesses out there that will not rip you off and go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2005

My good friend was getting married in her hometown of Panama City, and I had to travel alone, without my fiance', to attend her wedding. So, when I was looking for a hotel, I wanted to make sure I would be at a clean and safe hotel. I normally like to stay at "nicer" hotels than a Comfort Inn would normally rate, but I did not want to book a hotel by the beach (her ceremony and reception were not located by the beach) either. Going of off 2 positive reviews from Tripadvisor, and knowing that the groom's parents were staying there, I figured it was worth a try. The rates are very reasonable. When I flew in, I was able to find the hotel easily- it is located conveniently by the local mall, and had a good variety of stores and restaurants within driving distance. I wanted to do an early check-in because I was arriving the same day as my friend's wedding. I needed a place to just conveniently freshen up and change clothes. The desk staff was very pleasant, helpful, and accomodating- they didn't have my room available at the time of hte morning (they were booked to capacity because of a band competition in town that weekend), but they asked for me to come back in a little bit, and they would make arrangements to see if they could switch me to another room which would be vacated earlier. I was cutting close on time, and when I went back to the Comfort Inn an hour before my friend's wedding, they gave me the keys to my new room, which was in a better location (not in the back)- when I checked in my room, they had transferred the welcome basket that my friend had dropped off earlier- Comfort Inn made sure it followed me to my new room and was not lost in the shuffle of my changing rooms. I returned from the wedding late at night, but felt safe even walking alone to my hotel room that night. The room is clean, and has great amenties that I wouldn't have normally expected from an average motel room- a TV within an armoire that had adequate closet space, plus a fridge. The next morning, there was a generous breakfast buffet (this was how I discovered I was surrounded by a whole bunch of band people), and I unfortunately forgot to pack my toothpaste. I went to the front desk to ask if they had any, and they gladly handed me toothpaste samples.

I know I've rambled on and on, but I really was impressed that despite the fact it was a "budget hotel", the customer service and amenities far exceeded my expectations and made the experience a very positive one. If I ever had to go back, that would be my first choice hotel to stay at; I highly reccomend this hotel to any future guests.

10  Thank Betty_Baylor99
Douglasville, GA
Reviewed August 2, 2004

Great location. Pool one of the biggest in the area. It was nice clean place to bring the family without the beach prices. There was alot of corportae and military guests there so the evenings were peaceful. The wine and cheese bar (lemonaide) for the kids was a welcome snack before dinner and the breakfast was a nice change to the standard donuts & coffee. Since we were here last they added a bar b q area and basketball court. Bringing my soccor team back in September, 20 rooms!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed April 30, 2003

The Comfort Inn and Conference Center is one hotel I look forward to. When traveling to Panama City on business, the hotel staff knows me when I arrive. Their newly redecorated rooms are nicely furnished with king beds, refrigerators and microwaves. There's a great pool and recreation area, plus it's close to local restaurants and shopping. Plus the rates are very reasonable all year round.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member