“Black Feet and Rude Staff”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and soon realized the front staff weren't going to be fun to deal with. The lady that checked us in had no smile and did not make me feel welcome. I had 2 bath towels in the room and wanted just a couple more so my roommate and I could both take showers since we'd be int he car for 13 hours. She refused to give me towels until I brought the dirty ones down. It was a never ending cycle of needing towels and bringing them the old ones. I feel like they would've had to deal with me less if they just gave me more towels. They also are participating in Project Planet, which is all about re-using towels, using less water, turn off the ac before you leave, but apparently using towels that were stained must be a part of the project as well.

The carpet looked clean, but if you walked around barefoot, within a couple minutes your feet would be completely black. My mom came to stay a couple nights and her room was the same. Prepare to ruin socks and wash your feet every time you leave the room. And bring a blanket or towel to block the HUGE gap between the door and the floor, bugs crawled in and let in lots of hot air.

I made both my reservation and my moms on my card months before. When I checked in I paid cash so nothing would go to my card. When my mom checked in she paid with her card, yet an authorization was still put on my card for her room for one nights total. I feel like my card should have been removed from her reservation. The money came back but I was out a 100 bucks for a few days.

The most frustrating part was when I was up in the room, and my boyfriend left his room key in the room. He went to the front desk for another one, he gave him the room number and the front desk guy didn't ask for my last night [which the reservation was under], who was asking for the key. He just gave out a room key to my room without knowing who it was. This did not make me feel secure.

Other than the fridge not being cleaned and a water bottle being left in the fridge from the previous guest the room wasn't too bad. Pretty spacious [got a single queen] the furniture was pretty rough but whatever. If you get room 200 there is absolutely no where to park close to your room. The breakfast left something to be desired.

I'm a supervisor at a Marriott property and my co workers have made me proud that the hotel I work at soars above and beyond this one.

Room Tip: Get your room sooner the better for a better rate. Didn't see an elevator and the stairs are out...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndersonFF_GM

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 17 days while on detachment with the military. There were about 30 of us there. For starters, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Do to our early morning schedule, they set out breakfast for us before their normal hours. Any issues with the rooms were resolved very quickly. It is in a great location too. Everything that you would want to do is relatively close. The rooms are quite comfortable with a nice flat screen TV, HBO, a microwave and a small fridge. I had my wife with me the whole time and she was very comfortable there. There are many food places within walking distance and a mall right across the street. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MheathCa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for group event. Our room was clean and had a fridge, tv, microwave, recliner and a broken floor lamp that somehow managed to work. The bed was comfy. Front desk was pleasant and helpful.

There was a nice-looking pool, which I didn't use. The fitness room which I did use is across the parking lot in a seperate building with the conference center. It is a very small room. Very small. They have an all-in-one weight machine, but because of the lack of space, you cannot freely walk all around the machine. There is also a treadmill and a recumbent bike, which I couldn't adjust for my short legs. Maybe it's there, I just couldn't find it. They also have a TV, towels and a water cooler. Nice room, just small. Maybe some repositioning of equipment might be in order.

The breakfast was typical. The scrambled eggs were in the shape of discs, I guess to make it easy to put on a sandwich? The only thing I ate was the fruit cocktail and some juice.

The only negative about our room was that the recliner was definitely in need of cleaning.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gagak
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very clean and safe. All bathroom fixtures worked very well. Had great TV with HD...new frig, new microwave, clean sheets on King size...little trouble on keeping all interior locks working...well lighted outside and inside...had front parking space in front of our ground floor room...Desk person very nice...good price....We always care our own Lysol and Clorox wipes and bug spray when traveling....did not have to use them once....go for it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank golfer96
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I travel for business all along the Gulf coast. I prefer an exterior door hotel, that way I can load and unload in minutes(call me lazy but if you do it every day, it matters). The rate is reasonable, they are quick at check-in and usually have a vacancy all year long. The managers reception is nice- free beer, wine, chees, crackers. It is quiet, convenient to restaurants, the bed is comfortable- although those polyester bedspreads are nasty at every hotel I've ever been, a/c is cold, shower pressure is decent. Wifi is ok- except they try to upgrade you to faster service which takes a little longer to login. Overall nice hotel for business or travel- good value.

Room Tip: Face pool area with kids.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank duffeke1
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A couple of friends and I drove from TX to visit the beach. All of the hotels on the beach were way over priced so we booked a room with this one and were a little skeptical based on the varied reviews. We arrived and checked in with no problems. The front desk was more organized than I've ever experienced at any hotel and I normally stay at much higher end places. The staff is really friendly and the rooms are nice. They're a little on the smaller side but they're clean and I'm a germophob so cleanliness is a must.the downside is there is NO chlorine in the pool which is what kIlls the germs and ensures you don't get sick or diseases swimming with a bunch of people so I found that really gross but I mean you're staying for the beach not the pool so that wasn't really a big deal for us. We just avoided it. The only reason I didn't give them five stars was because of our last night there. There was a guy banging on our door at 5am. It turned out. To be a crazy guy we had known but when we called the front desk (before looking through the peephole) the guy didn't seem concerned. He did offer to check it out and called us back to tell us it was a guy froma basketball team....really at five in the morning?! He couldnt have seriously believed that. For there to be three girls in this room and we didn't know who it was you would think the hotel would have shown a little more concern about the situation. This guy was banging so hard on our door that the safety latch came off which is definitely not safe at all. I had to get rid of the guy myself and we were about 5 seconds from calling the cops. That front desk guy should have shown a little more concern considering it was 5am. What if we didn't know who it was?! Other than that it was a great stay and I would recommend it! The staff was awesome!!! Every hotel really should get advice from this friendly staff minus the last guy at the front desk. Even the manager was really nice and usually they would rather not be bothered by guests. Oh and also it is about a 20 minute drive to the beach but it's worth it to save almost$100 a night!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley900812
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The comforter was stained and the room smelled like urine. Didn't feel very safe or comfortable here. Will not stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family