See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2007

The reason why none of the pictures show the building up close is because no one would stay here if they saw what this place looked like close up. They allow tractor trailer cabs to park in the same lot where you park you cars, including allowing them to come into the parking lot, which is right outside your door, in the middle of the night. There is no internet access as their phones are too old to even accommodate the hookup line. And you won't get much sleep either because people are outside most of the night yelling and fighting. We did not feel safe staying here and could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank obersholt
Reviewed March 2, 2007

This was a great motel for myself and my large dog. We felt very welcome in this off the beaten path location. We were able to walk on the beach in front of and beside to motel. One of the best parts of staying here was being able to sit in our room in the AM and look out onto the bay and view dolphins and shore/ocean birds while relaxing having a morning tea. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to return to this motel. One of the best points was having a ground floor unit with a dog.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank LINSSM
Reviewed August 15, 2006

My best friend and I stayed here during spring break '05. From the moment we checked in until the time we left, everything was great. No complaints at all. The staff was very helpful, bringing up plenty of towels and pillows, they even waived our security deposit!

1  Thank anh3s
Reviewed October 30, 2005

This is a somewhat seedy though reasonably clean motel right on St. Andrews Bay between downtown Panama City and the St. Andrews neighborhood. Except for the huge petroleum or chemical storage tanks immediately behind it, the motel is actually in a good location, and the view to the west is beautiful.

The staff are superficially courteous as long as you don't really ask anything of them. I asked to see the room before committing to it, for example, and this seemed to the desk staff like an unreasonable request.

After a couple of minutes of indignant huffing and puffing she did find someone to show me the room, which turned out to be OK. Not great, but OK. A sheet of new carpet had been laid over the old floor without actually meeting the walls or bothering with thresholds, and the old bathroom tile had been painted over. But it was clean enough that I wasn't afraid to undress at night.

Also, the price I was quoted over the phone was $30 lower than the price I was given when I actually arrived. It took some tense negotiation to get down to what we agreed on by phone.

Stay out of the attached bar and restaurant, which is evidently owned by the same folks. Rude does not begin to describe them.

Overall, as a single man I would probably stay here again based just on the location and being relatively clean, I might stay here again. I probably would not take my family.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank Rchrd
Reviewed October 9, 2005

We stayed in this motel when traveling for spring break in March. The reception staff were very helpful, management was friendly, the room was clean. We enjoyed the beach very much. My children loved playing in the water and the view from our room was nice. There is a paper mill near the hotel which occasionally omits and odor, but that is of no fault of this establishment. If you are interested in staying with a beachfront view, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this is an excellent place to stay.

Stayed: March 2005