See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Buccaneer Beach Motel last fall. The staff are WONDERFUL from the front desk to housekeeping...Our room overlooked the bay. Our housekeeper was super attentive. She knew we had a dog and always watched out for her when she entered the room. We will definitely return and hopefully get the same room. The Buccaneer is a gem!

Room Tip: Bay View!!
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy V
Reviewed October 26, 2015

The first room we checked into smelled very musty and moldy . . probably from the A/C unit. We asked for a different room which was better. Like another reviewer said here, the water came out of the tap brown for a while but eventually cleared up. I really dont mind older motels but this one I wouldnt recommend to a friend. On the bright side, nice, quiet location and the restaurant / lounge next door was good.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank boogerdd
Reviewed October 12, 2015 via mobile

The water in the rooms is brown from 8pm till 10am. The fridge isn't working well. the door on it is full of mold and won't close. Beds are not comfortable and if you walk bear foot on the carpet your feet will be black. Staff has been rude. Then they charge $3.00 for ice. The only reason we are still here is because my husband's company sent us here for work.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

Old, run down property. The rooms are clean, but fixtures and decor are a bit beat up.
Restaurant and bar attached bring some life to this place bit it really needs upgrading and modernizing. We won't return until completed.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mroberts77
Reviewed September 7, 2015

I had not been on a vacation in a couple of years and needed some time and peace to recharge. My best friend lives in Panama City and the Buccaneer is not far from her home. I had a VERY relaxing vacation! I was given probably the best room in the motel. The view of St. Andrews Bay was both breathtaking and relaxing. I spent days wandering up and down the shoreline. Just what the doctor ordered. The employees were very nice and accommodating as well. The property also has a restaurant and tiki bar, a small beach area with lounge chairs and umbrellas, a playground and a decent sized swimming pool. Not to mention that beautiful view (depending on which room you choose - Room 238 on the 2nd floor, which is a king room, or 138 on the first floor which is a double, would be my recommendation but most rooms on the bay view side I am sure have a decent view.) The room was clean, bed a little old but comfortable enough for me. The room had everything I needed. It is a little dated and could use a little updating, new curtains etc. (preferably that aren't falling off the curtain rods but I didn't find that to be that big a deal) but is not priced as much as some of the shoddy dumpy places at the beach, but has the best of both worlds without all the traffic and tourist. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would have given 5 stars except for the few small details I mentioned that would upgrade the room somewhat. Other than that, I will definitely be back and stay at the Buccaneer next time I need a chill pill!!!

Room Tip: Read my review but room 238 (king) and 138 (double) offer panoramic view of St. Andrews Bay from the over the bay balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo