“Good room for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buccaneer Beach Motel

Buccaneer Beach Motel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
“Good room for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our first night stay we had a problem with the room, air conditioner was leaking inside the room and the floor was wet, but we went to front desk and they up graded our room at no extra charge, and they kept apologizing to us. Had house keeping everyday, anything we needed they got for us. Over all great place for the price. Would gladly go back.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Blooney72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I wanted something with local flavor - no chain. I heard good things about the restaurant on the property from locals I met at the Mexican restaurant Peppers, but it was closed when I booked in after 10 PM. The hotel was built in the 50s and used to be a Days Inn. The night clerk was helpful. I felt like I was stepping into a time warp - the property was quiet, the common areas felt old but in a pleasant way. I guess the way to say it - if you want to step off the grid go here. If you want super clean and familiar digs do not book this hotel. Rusty accessories were prevalent as another reviewer observed. Ultimately, the ambiance connected with my sense of adventure once I overcame my ritualized expectations created by chain hotel experiences. I paid $85 out the door with taxes included. My night was restful. Later the helpful staff made copies of some items emailed to me. This extra help made my day start the way you want and need a busy work day to launch.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MPMaddux
LaGrange, Ga.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel is about 15 minutes from the beach. There is very little sandy area. Didn't go to the pool but did look nice. Had a non-smoking room and when I opened the door I could smell the smoke. Accessories were old and rusty. Nothing I couldn't live with but next time I think I will go closer to the beach for a little more money.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is not as bad as everone else is making it out to be. And it is better than a roach motel. I LOVE how its right om the Bay. And the pool over looks the Bay. And the small beach is so so awesome and the playground is ggreat for the kids. The rooms do need someTLC and the air conditioning needs some work, but there isno room perfect. I would most defantly stay here again.cant wait til next year. I will be posting pictures as soon as i can.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank mikieandcindy98
Lincoln, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Everytime we come to Panama, we stay on the island. The woman that checks us in is always the same, and she remembers us each time. The rooms arent the best, but for the price, they are well worth it. The kids have a place to place and we can sit on the edge of the water and relax. Will always visit, even if im not staying~

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MW22Omaha
Sebastopol, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place was gross. The reviews were ridiculously good when we booked. I see now that people are flooding the site with similar stories to ours. Our first room was an immediate disappointment. It was dank and dark like an old basement. Everything was filthy and the carpet was wet; not damp, wet. The hotel clerk switched us to an "upgraded" room at no extra charge. The view was pretty great, but everything else was about the same, just a little less gross than the first room. Both rooms had mildewed and moldy curtans , damaged furniture, stained linens, etc. The refrigerator was foul. I actually don't have anything negative to say about the staff. The clerk was friendly and accommodating. The WiFi was virtually nonexistent in the rooms (this may be an attempt to keep you from looking for other hotels online or reviewing theirs fresh from the room). We never visited the restaurant like we had planned to. We spent as much time away from the Buccaneer, and Panama City for that matter, as possible. Panama City is very different than Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms in this hotel are bad. Stay somewhere else.
3 Thank CartoonSteve

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Slidell, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Firstly, based upon other reviews, price and pictures we decieded to book what seemed like a very comfortable pleasant motel. The only good thing about the place is the bar next door, it has a very nice ambiance. The rooms are very dated and filthy, the housekeeping staff were very rude, the pool i would not let my dog swim in and there excuse of a beach was very disappointing. Based upon the pictures it looks very relaxing and pleasant. They are located on the bay next door to and oil & gas reserve, the so called beach is covered in trash and seaweed. Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere, unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
2 Thank Corey R
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#9 of 31 in Panama City
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay P...
#4 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
#1 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Buccaneer Beach Motel? Share your experiences!