“Family Vacation”

Days Inn Panama City
Ranked #31 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went here to get rest and relax. The staff did everything they could to help us do this. The rooms were clean and bright and spacious. We enjoyed our stay at this property. zI would stay here every time I came to Panama City.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bwzacharyinn

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Picked this place because we have never been to Panama City and wanted to check it out. Made reservations 20days in advance to get a discount.
Upon arrival, we were not impressed. This place is in need of MAJOR UPDATE. When I went to check in, the man behind the counter was not very friendly. This place only has double beds and no queen beds. We are a family of 5... not much wiggle room! We unloaded our truck and put on beach clothes... The room was only supplied with 3 towels. (at check in and when I made reservations, I stated that we have 2 adults and 3 kids) so not enough towels for the 5 of us. My husband went up to the front desk and asked for a few more towels and the rude man behind the counter told him that we have too many people in the room and that he really shouldn't give us more towels and also said "shame on you for having too many people". If that was the policy, then I should not have been able to book the room through the Best Western Website and I did declare that we have 2 adults and 3 children. Even stated on my receipt!!!
We left for the beach and then went shopping and to eat.
Upon our return, my husband took his shower in the NASTY bathroom. The kids were sitting on the couch and I was getting my things together to take my shower and that is when I saw a SPIDER on the BED !!! I killed it and then I noticed one was right by my foot next to the bed!!
I went directly to the front desk and told the lady about the spiders. I have never had to check out of a hotel for any reason!!! We were refunded our money and instaed of staying at another hotel in Panama City, we drove for a few hours and found another place to stay.
Also, the kids said this place looks like something off a scary movie... and I have to agree!!
DO NOT STAY HERE Spiders in the Room and in the BED !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PeggWindham
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I planned a weekend trip to Panama City Beach, Florida. We arrived to the hotel at maybe 9:30 PM after a 6 hour drive. The attendant Krystal greeted me and asked for my confirmation number and then asked if I had a card I could put on file in case there were incidental damages. She never informed me they would immediately be drafting $100. ( I notice later on that night on my online banking. ) I received keys and went up to room 228. Upon arriving we wanted to settle in but we wanted to make sure we had clean sheets. Big disappointment!!! We found bed bugs! We went downstairs to the front desk, I explained to Krystal what happened and showed a picture, she asked if that was their actual bed. As if I would lie on such a thing. My experience was absolutely awful and I will never rent there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lizeth R
Reviewed June 2, 2014

They are working on remodel. Outside paint job good,noticed it right away. Stuffy hall,better. Carpet change should take care of that. Still feel like a smoking gazebo would take care of back door. Husband has back pain, slept good! Booked up, think it might have been graduation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessica b
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice comfortable hotel, comfy bed, spacious, breakfast adequate. Staff friendly and professional. Not too far from mall and shops. Free wifi. 1 computer for guests use, free. Hotel full as it was Memorable Day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cynthias939
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were headed to Fort Walton Beach then at the last minute decided to go to GULF WORLD in Panama City. This hotel is older on the inside and had an "OLD" smell, however the rooms were very clean. The bed was super comfy and was enough for a great night sleep. Breakfast in the morning was good, average but good. I will say this, everyone at the front desk were very friendly and nice. Great outdoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014

there was no elevator in this hotel,,,halls were dirty and all areas smelled sour and musty. No attempt at finding a ground floor room for us. Worse experience ever. Third stay in a Best Western in the past month,,,two have been bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple