“Awful...won't be back”

Days Inn Panama City
Ranked #31 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend when he had to go to Panama City for work. This hotel was awful. Thankfully, we didn't have to pay for it. The property is old and small. We had a suite. The size was fine, but the furniture was old and outdated and the room smelled awful. The breakfast area was ridiculously small. The pool area is a joke.

The location is convenient to the mall and other shopping, but I definitely won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 14, 2011

A smaller place across from the mall and close to the beach, a nice stay. The front desk staff was pleasant and my room was ready when I arrived. A larger flat screen, fast internet, choice of pillows, and an air conditioner that worked! Breakfast bar was smaller, but had several hot and cold items. The pool area was clean as well the exercise area. Overall, a great stay The room was so quiet I thought I was alone, but the parking lot was full. Shares a parking lot with an IHOP>

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank franklinmilford
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My family and I stayed at Best Western April 2-3 2011 and had a terrific time. The housekeepers did a excellant job in keeping both rooms clean and front desk clerks was very helpful and friendly. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Tish

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mccraymarticia
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Stayed here one night while traveling to/from birding locations. It was Spring Break time and was a bit worried about the partying at Panama City lodging. But picked this one based on other reviews. The desk clerk treated us like royalty; she was concerned that we more mature folks might be bothered by the Spring Breakers so she put us in a suite next to the desk and tried her best to keep the young folks in more remote areas. It was a great room, probably the honeymoon suite, complete with spa. Desk clerk gave us name of a great seafood restaurant on the water to have dinner and watch the sunset. Room was in great shape; everything worked, and seemed quite clean. Couldn't have been more pleased and the price was a little less than several other similar quality motels. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ernieRedstone_CO
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Rooms are extremely inexpensive, but as it turns out, probably for a reason. My room was DIRTY...not just some dust here and there, I wiped some sort of dark grime off of the bathroom counter and there were several species of large dead bugs in the closet.
Layers of dust, food and even coins were under the wall unit heater/AC, this area could easily be reached with a vacuum cleaner. Staff was friendly, but as a previous poster indicated, inclined to "party" at their worksite. I recall one day being unable to get on the lone computer at the, um, "business center" because one of the workers was surfing the net while enjoying some beers. Not sure if she was still on the clock, but she was still in her Best Western smock so the appearance was disconcerting.
Breakfast was at least a day old, stale bagels, muffins, etc. Breakfast area was also dirty. While staying here, there couldn't have been 15 total people in the hotel, so it wasn't like the breakfast area was mobbed and staff could not keep up with table turnover, they just flat out didn't clean the breakfast area, ever.
Gym was in disrepair. The only positive was that the pool seemed to be well-maintained and was clean.
Location is okay if you want to be close to Target.
Overall this is not what I have come to expect from the BW brand.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorP2011
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We travelled to visit family in the area, and were sadly disappointed with the service. We have routinely stayed with Best Western, and normally have exceptional stays.
The Positive: The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room was a suite, and my teenager said the pullout sofa was comfortable to sleep on, and the king size was comfortable for us as well.
The Negative: Breakfast was of low quality and the staff were very negative and grouchy. One evening as we returned to the hotel there was a group sitting outside the entrance and in the driving area drinking and being loud. This made my husband very uncomfortable and he didn't care for the looks that we were given as we went inside. Once we arrived inside we realized the front desk clerk was flirting with one of the men. When my husband asked if it was normal to have this kind of activity outside of the hotel, she responded with "well, we have a lot of workers staying with us right now." While I have no problem with people drinking and having fun, loitering outside of the entrance does not seem acceptable, and I was unsatisfied with that answer. To me, patron safety should be more important.
The parking is very limited at the hotel, although it doesn't seem there is much that can be done to correct that. The staff seem to be very disinterested in customer service.
The fitness room was out of order, and apparently was in no hurry to be repaired from what we gathered.

Overall, I doubt I will stay at this location again, when there are other less expensive places to stay if I don't care about service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I realize that most of the reviews here are negative, but they are also older, with the exception of the latest. I'm late posting this review (and several others) but in July 2010 my husband and I had a good experience here! Friendly staff, clean room, and believe me, I look in the corners!! For most of our travel purposes all we're looking for is a nice, clean place to sleep. I will admit we also bring along our own 4-cup coffeemaker and coffee, because that's just not something I want to leave to chance LOL (Tip: bring bottled water from home if this is important to you, too, because local water differences will affect the flavor of your morning cup.)
Whenever we check into a room I look at the bathroom, inside the refrigerator, inside any drawers and closets, and I pull down the bedsheets....I have even looked at mattresses if the bedding is suspicious. Yes, we mostly stay in Best Western hotels (my husband is in their Rewards program) but no, I am not affiliated with them otherwise!
This was our first overnight stop on our Getaway to the Gulf, and our room at the Best Western Suites was a pleasant surprise. (See photos.) Front desk staff members were friendly and helpful as we asked about "what's nearby?". They also gave us traffic advice the next morning (since we had heard on TV that the First Lady would visit that day!) as we left town to continue our trip west, exploring parts of the Florida Panhandle.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple